Any decent body colored side molding/rub strip option?

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
Zokambaa
Car: 2002 SE-R Spec-V Sentra

Around here the parking lots have very narrow spots and a-holes in SUVs insist on parking on the lines, meaning side dents are very frequent... the only thing that saved my 02 SE-R spec-V Sentra was the side molding it has.

I've seen fewer cars with this feature these days.. and some pretty scuffed up doors right where the strip would be.. also, the massive amounts gravel used in the winter mean I would also like to get that 3M side guard film and the molding makes for a nice break spot.

Based on Nissan's horrid paint reputation (and my massive paint chip experience with my low mile 86,000km 2002 sentra) and the poor paint on a 2010 nissan rental I had, I know I will need lots of protection for the paint...

Anyone have anything like this on the Juke so far and if so, any recommendations and/or pictures?

I know about the 3m film, what I am more looking for is side molding options to protect the doors against the fat a-holes who can't get out of their vehicles without ramming the corner of their doors into the side of mine

Thanks

GRey1
Car: 2015 Gun Metallic SL AWD w/Tech
2011 Chrome Nissan Juke SV CVT-AWD

I did a quick Google search and found a couple of places offering body side molding for the Juke. All I used was "juke side molding". I don't want to post any of the links here, because I don't know any of these guys and don't want to seem like I am promoting anyone in particular.

Zokambaa

yeah I did that too, I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations that both looked alright and were functional

DOUG2112
Car: 2011 NISSAN JUKE SV

The factory does offer a chrome accessory moulding kit. Not body colored though. $265.00 for the kit. Yikes....
Last edited by DOUG2112 on Fri May 27, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zokambaa

I saw those, but they are trim on the bottom of the door by the kick panel and on the back lift gate and door lever, I didn't see one going down the impact zone in the middle of the car... I think there is something in Europe but I've not seen it on the North American sites.

white midori
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 6M

Zokambaa

Well those kits do look cool but that is not really the strip that runs the length of the car along the middle part of the doors to protect against a-holes who insist on slamming their car doors into the side of your car... very few cars seem to include this anymore

white midori wrote:got few pictures from internet , hopefully can get them here.
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n54 ... ing-04.jpg
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n54 ... ke-kit.jpg

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”