Any Christmas/Holiday gifts for your M?

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
SwissCheeseHead
Car: 11 M37x, 94 BMW 530i

I don't have anything at the moment. I'm eying up some coilovers right now but it won't be until after the holidays.

Anyone else getting anything for their M? Or other cars?

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I'm also looking to be on BC's just before spring time. Might do that sub install over the course of winter since that's only a few hundred bucks and some time. I am waiting on Tollboothwilley to create an under tray for the M56 based on my stock one I sent him though.

Speaking of which, can you update your profile to show your car and/or location as well please? Thanks lol

SwissCheeseHead

IlyaKol wrote:I'm also looking to be on BC's just before spring time. Might do that sub install over the course of winter since that's only a few hundred bucks and some time. I am waiting on Tollboothwilley to create an under tray for the M56 based on my stock one I sent him though.

Speaking of which, can you update your profile to show your car and/or location as well please? Thanks lol
lol. updated a few items as requested.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Funny you should ask. I was at my second home today (Home Depot) and found battery operated Chrimbo lights. I bought two sets for the M. I tried several locations - windscreen, rear windscreen, front grille, trunk lid, etc. Every place I tried, it looked rather dodgy and Fetucini agreed. When i asked her for ideas, she said it wasn't the car and it wasn't the Chrimbo lights - it was just a totally dodgy idea to begin with :confused:
so , ermm NO. The M will get nothing for Chrimbo this year, LOL.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Probably use some Christmas money for 2 k&n air filters. Wish more stuff was made for the car.

Do want an undertray when they are made. Tollbooth's one on my G35 was great. Especially for oil changes.

SwissCheeseHead

I would agree that the undertray is kind of a pain considering you have to take the whole thing off just to do an oil change. For the G37, there was a crease on the undertray that you could bend out of the way to gain access to the drain bolt and filter. Much more convenient. I wish there were more too. Who knows, maybe in a few years, there will be more aftermarket parts available.

coolchuck
Car: 11 M37s, 04 E55

I was planning on getting tint and intakes after Christmas. Wife's work situation just got funky so it may go on hold.

SwissCheeseHead

Awesome. What intake are you going with?

R1Butchie
Car: 2011 M56s Stillen Cat-back exhaust,Stillen cross-drilled & slotted rottors, K&N filters...so far more to come

Yeah I wanted some Vossen CV3'S but their on a nationwide backorder until late January...so I guess I'll have to wait

coolchuck

SwissCheeseHead wrote:Awesome. What intake are you going with?
The Takeda

SwissCheeseHead

R1Butchie wrote:Yeah I wanted some Vossen CV3'S but their on a nationwide backorder until late January...so I guess I'll have to wait
There are nicer wheels than Vossens imo ;)

DoN_BLaZe34
Car: 2007 M45 Sport - Sold
2006 FX45 - Traded
2014 Q70S 5.6 - Sold
2017 Q70L 5.6 - Current

I say the thing all the time. Love Vossens, hate their prices.

Not sure they count as gifts but I just installed the OEM window visors and will likely be getting a set of wheels powdercoated but that will be after the holidays. Like you guys will also give the BC's a chance probably.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

DoN_BLaZe34 wrote:I say the thing all the time. Love Vossens, hate their prices.

Not sure they count as gifts but I just installed the OEM window visors and will likely be getting a set of wheels powdercoated but that will be after the holidays. Like you guys will also give the BC's a chance probably.
Where you find OEM visors?

The ebay $250+ ones or elsewhere?

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Is $2,600 for wheels THAT bad though? I have 'ear marked' 20x10 Vossen CVT's from Stillen.com for my wheel purchase.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

IlyaKol wrote:Is $2,600 for wheels THAT bad though? I have 'ear marked' 20x10 Vossen CVT's from Stillen.com for my wheel purchase.
Those will look absolutely brilliant on your m !

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAYAr_Cd ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix video link

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Larz wrote:
IlyaKol wrote:Is $2,600 for wheels THAT bad though? I have 'ear marked' 20x10 Vossen CVT's from Stillen.com for my wheel purchase.
Those will look absolutely brilliant on your M !

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAYAr_Cd ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

SwissCheeseHead

Considering you could get a mint set of used forged JDM wheels for that price, then yeah, I think it's a lot.

Plus everyone and their grandma has a set of Vossens. Why have what the other guy has? :P

Don't mean to stir the pot or offend any Vossen owners out there. there are TONS of people that like them. i'm just that small population that thinks they're way overplayed. Like Frozen. lol It's a very mediocre movie but for some reason, people go apesh1t over it.

DoN_BLaZe34
Car: 2007 M45 Sport - Sold
2006 FX45 - Traded
2014 Q70S 5.6 - Sold
2017 Q70L 5.6 - Current

SwissCheeseHead wrote:
IlyaKol wrote:Is $2,600 for wheels THAT bad though? I have 'ear marked' 20x10 Vossen CVT's for my wheel purchase.
Considering you could get a mint set of used forged JDM wheels for that price, then yeah, I think it's a lot.

Plus everyone and their grandma has a set of Vossens. Why have what the other guy has? :P

Don't mean to stir the pot or offend any Vossen owners out there. there are TONS of people that like them. i'm just that small population that thinks they're way overplayed. Like Frozen. lol It's a very mediocre movie but for some reason, people go apesh1t over it.
Couldn't have said it any better myself....minus the Frozen part, I would've left that out :rotfl (I don't have kids)
biggie wrote:
DoN_BLaZe34 wrote:I say the thing all the time. Love Vossens, hate their prices.

Where you find OEM visors?

The ebay $250+ ones or elsewhere?
There was an auction for them I was lucky enough to find.

Ilya

SwissCheeseHead wrote:

Well, to be honest, I'm the only one rolling around here on a modded M and even if someone in Cali has them on their M...it doesn't matter to me. I don't go to shows, etc. I honestly don't even know if I've seen a car around here with Vossen's...certainly not CVT's.

What are these 'forged JDM wheels' you speak of? lol

SwissCheeseHead

Well, to be honest, I'm the only one rolling around here on a modded M and even if someone in Cali has them on their M...it doesn't matter to me. I don't go to shows, etc. I honestly don't even know if I've seen a car around here with Vossen's...certainly not CVT's.

You must have heard of brands like Advan, Work, Weds, Volk, Rays, SSR? If not, do a search my friend. Some of them can be very pricey, like the 3 pc. wheels, but if you search diligently enough, you will be able to find an excellent set for a great price. Most of them are forged, or use other strong lightweight forming technology.

I had a set of 19" WedsSport SA-55M on my G37 when I had it. Wheels only weighed about 18lbs a piece. With tires, they were only 40ish lbs each. Awesome wheels. Miss them a lot. Cost me about $1400 when I bought them.

bokchoiboi

Got these for myself for Xmas =D
Just waiting to buy tires and slap them on

Ilya

SwissCheeseHead wrote:

You must have heard of brands like Advan, Work, Weds, Volk, Rays, SSR? If not, do a search my friend. Some of them can be very pricey, like the 3 pc. wheels, but if you search diligently enough, you will be able to find an excellent set for a great price. Most of them are forged, or use other strong lightweight forming technology.

I had a set of 19" WedsSport SA-55M on my G37 when I had it. Wheels only weighed about 18lbs a piece. With tires, they were only 40ish lbs each. Awesome wheels. Miss them a lot. Cost me about $1400 when I bought them.
Yeah I've heard of those brands. Didn't realize where they originated from, etc.

SwissCheeseHead

bokchoiboi wrote:Got these for myself for Xmas =D
Just waiting to buy tires and slap them on

Nice. Just taking a guess but are those Nessens? Post pics when you have them mounted.

coolchuck

Nice. Def post when mounted.
SwissCheeseHead wrote:

I like Vossens too but they do seem a little expensive for a cast wheel. They will look great on your car though.
Dayum I'd LOVE to have some Work, Advan or BBS LM wheels.
But back to gifts, I will order my intakes next week.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”