Anti-theft?

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
Merchantseamen
Car: 1997 sentra

Anti-theft?

Postby Merchantseamen » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:15 pm

Hello

I am new to this forum. I looked for a search bar to try and look up this problem can't find it so.... My wife's 1997 Sentra is her beater car that she services the 7 Kroger's in our area. In JUNE rolled over 200,000 and installed new clutch and "stuff", also CV's, control arms etc. Getting it back on the road post repair had trouble with the security button on the clutch. Jumped it out and zoom away she went. Some 3 weeks ago wife got in and tried to start the car and nothing but head lights flashing, dash lights on, security light flashing (dash). Did not crank. She pulled the key out and tried to start again. Zoom away she went. We go to the beach for a week, we get back it will not start. Completely dead except the little dash security light flashing. Threw the charger overnite and drove it around the block next morning. Great till she got in and will not start but has dash lights and everything else flashing. I suspected battery so went and bought one put it in no change on the symptoms. Suspect clutch safety switch jump out and will attack that tomorrow. However I am open to any other suggestions to what is the problem. I tested the 7.5 fuse in the block located next to the battery. All the anti theft relays are thumping away. Only way to shut it down is disconnect the battery.

Thanks in advance
Greg

Merchantseamen
Car: 1997 sentra

Re: Anti-theft?

Postby Merchantseamen » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:19 am

OK...no replies... However FYI is. Lock all the doors, make sure trunk is closed. Drivers door, cycle to unlock with key and this disarms the anti theft. Thanks to a neighbor who was walking their dog and saw me working on it. Have a great day.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”