Anti Skid?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
szhark

As I sit at a stoplight, I'm urged to drop the pedal and see what my EX can really do. The light turns green and BAM! The car is thrust forward and the wheels 'begin' to screech.. however, the antiskid lamp come on, which seemed to alter the power, causes a quick dip then BAM again.. 0-60 in 6s..

Is there anyway to shut off that anti skid so I can get my oh so glorious burnout?

-sz

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

You might try turning off the VDC (button is to the left of, and below, the steering wheel).

After that, try this: plant your left foot on the brake, take the revs up to 2000 rpm or so, then lift the brake and drop the accelerator at the same time.

I'm assuming your car is past its break-in period? (Manual p.5-43)

BTW, C&D Apr '08 issue, tested it at 6.2 sec to 60 mph, running the 1/4 mile in 14.6 sec @ 98 mph. They also commented, "Acceleration runs are faster using manumatic mode, which is unusual."
Modified by dividedhighw at 11:04 PM 5/2/2008

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”