Another shady dealer

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Kyle Anderson
Car: 1997 BMW Z3

Just wanted to post a warning about http://www.autosourcedallas.net/...

They currently have 2 imports listed for sale- an R33, and a Toyota Aristo. The cars are represented as being fully legal. I asked if there was a bond release for the R33, which they replied no, and it seemed they were simply unaware on what makes a car federal legal. I kindly, and calmly tried to help them understand what makes a car legal, and they don't want to learn.

One of their sales staff [name removed at his request] was the first to contact me and simply came off as uninformed.

I was then given to Jeremy Williams (general manager) who thought it best to insult a potential customer. Here are some of the best replies:
LOL..Seriously? It has a clear title and has been registered in the U.S. Already. It has a current state inspection as well.
Hahahaha…Ok buddy. Thanks. The last right hand drive we sold, we sold to a police detective here in Dallas. I bet you're scared to Jaywalk too??
Lol. As long as you can register it you have nothing to worry about. Who's going to take the car from you? Lol You're paranoid.
From the general manager! This is the most unprofessional s*** I've ever seen from a dealer. I would love to see them get hit hard and the cars seized while in their possession... before they con someone into buying one. If anyone has a way to report them, please do.

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Hey, Greg/Sean...

Time to make some more a** hats famous?

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

Saw it Saturday at Cars & Coffee.

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Just for kicks...

AutoSource Dallas: Thank you for choosing AutoSource Dallas!
System: We have alerted the online representatives that you are waiting. Someone should be with you momentarily.
System: A representative has joined the conversation. Compose your message and then click send.

Arturo Baca: Hi this is Arturo Baca. How may I help you?

Tony : I was curious about the BCNR33 GT-R. How much can you tell me about it?

Arturo Baca: this is car is street legal, has title

Tony : Federally legal?

Arturo Baca: registered in New Jersey

Tony : So it has all the NHTSA, DOT and EPA paperwork? If I'm gonna spend that kind of coin on a car, I want to make sure I'm not going to have Homeland Security knocking on my door.

Arturo Baca: It might be easier to complete this over the phone, may I call you?

Arturo Baca: One moment while I verify with our General Sales Manager

Tony : No, I'm currently overseas on business. I'll be home in two weeks.

Tony : You can e-mail me, though.

Arturo Baca: sounds good, what is your email address?

Tony : [email protected]

Arturo Baca: Thanks I will send you an email soon

Tony : Thanks.

Tony : One question, though. Is the car currently in Dallas or New Jersey where it's registered?

Arturo Baca: Coming from the owner of the dealership, the car is street legal, we have a Texas Title, and we guarantee the car will be able to register or we would buy the car back.

Arturo Baca: this car is Dallas, my error not NJ

Tony : Ok. Well, unfortunately, unless the car has all the applicable documents that prove the car was imported and registered legally, I think I'll pass.

Tony : I appreciate your time, though. Thank you very much.

JTR32gtst

I know the previous owner of that R33. He owned it for close to 7 years. That car has tons and tons and tons of work done. It has a RRR RB26 motor. If anyone knows what the RRR block is knows that this thing is rare. Autosource did not import it, they traded for it.

kabob
Car: 1990 Skyline GTR R32

I know that car. We discussed it on Skylineownersusa.com just a few weeks ago. Apparently after all these months, it finally sold recently. I feel bad for the new owner having severely overpaid for a Federally illegal car.

http://www.autosourcedallas.net/web/use ... /10794292/

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Unreal.

I dislike the rules as much as anyone, but what I dislike even more is illiterate morons who are too lazy to do their homework and think they can pawn off these cars on people with no consequence.

Time to get famous, douchebags! :)

EL MAMITO USMC
Car: SENTRA SER

hopefully someone would report it

kabob
Car: 1990 Skyline GTR R32

EL MAMITO USMC wrote:hopefully someone would report it
You just gotta let it go, at this point. Reporting a lying, shady dealership is one thing but if it was reported now, the owner would be up shart creek without a paddle legally. He'd have to sue Autosource to get his money back, at the very least.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”