another safc neo problem

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
crxfreak1117
Car: 98 240sx

car 1998 240sx
ka-t
z32 maf
tuned on rs-enthalpy s13 ecu with conversion harness

ok the car was fine never stalled out for over a year since i went turbo, a few weeks ago i initialized the safc by mistake now the car will stall out

it will not stall out if i put the decel setting at
1% throtle
1000rpm-1.3%
2000rpm-2.3% but.....when i give it partial throttle it will die out and would have to hit the throttle hard to get it to get past 1000 rpms and when i let off it will drop down to 1000 rpms and stays steady...

if i have the settings at
0% throttle
1000 rpm-1.3
2000 rpm-2.3 it will rev up fine and smooth but when i let off it will stall out,

my question is what is making it not have any throttle response with 1% thottle no matter where i put the throttle percentage it acts the same. here is alittle crappy vid i made to try to explain the problem better you will see right when the video starts how the rpms fall when i get it alittle gas... all my other settings are correct i believe
http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa18 ... -08-45.mp4

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

Do you have a wideband? If so, what are you AFR's doing when it stalls out?

crxfreak1117
Car: 98 240sx

I do have a wideband and the a/f's either say 10.0 or --.- I believe
I'm also running the synapse bov with the anti-stall valve

PyR0NiAk
Car: S13 SR W/ T2 GT3071R .86AR, JWT S4 Cams, 810cc Injectors,Z32 MAF, JWT tuned ECU 87mm 9:1 Compression CP pistons, Manley Rods

Did the car immediately start stalling out after initializing the safc? The reading of --.-- is lean and I only noticed it in the video during throttle plate closing, and that's normal... The 10.0, I only noticed when you initially hit the throttle, and this is also normal. Your AFRs seem a little rich, but nothing really out of the ordinary for a rom tune. Have you tried unhooking the SAFC to see what happens?

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

What I'm seeing is that with the initial setting, after throttle lift off, it goes lean, like it should, but it stays lean to long. I can't see from the video if this is 1% or 0%.

With the 0% setting, you're effectively turning the decel setting off, so it's not doing anything. The way the decel setting works to to feed a programmed signal into the ECU when the throttle open goes below a certain set point(Thr). When you initialized the unit, do you go back through the setup and program the throttle position sensor opening and closing values?

If you did, then the throttle value at idle should be 0%, which means you want the thr value to be AT LEAST 1%, as it won't use those settings until the throttle percentage reads BELOW that.

What it sounds like to me is that you're tuning the wrong part of the map. If you're in the decel menu and you have it set to one and it doesn't stall on lift off, then that part of the tuning is fine. The part throttle issues are in another part of the tuning. All the decel menu does is keep the engine from stalling on decel, which with a setting of 1%, it's doing.

It sounds to me that you need to make a air map correction in the low throttle map to fix the part throttle issues. Depending on whether it goes lean or rich when it breaks up during part throttle, you'll need to add or remove fuel to correct the issue.

Return to “Engine Tuning”