Another MAF Sensor Question..Wiring Diagram?

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Lapin
Car: 2012 Infiniti EX35 AWD Navigation

Hi Everyone,

Although I'm an EX35 owner, our cars share many similarities....including MAF Sensors. :)

I pulled the P0101 and P0101B error codes a few weeks back (Bank 1 & 2 MAF Sensors). Removed and cleaned both with CRC MAF Cleaner and re-installed. Cleared the Codes. Purred like a kitten for a week until I experienced the poor acceleration and a near stall starting in cold weather.

My plan is to check the wiring on each MAF. What is interesting is that the wiring on each bank senor is color coded differently! I've downloaded the EX service manuals, but cannot find a MAF wiring Diagram for the five-wire sensor.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram they can share with me? This will help me diagnose which MAF is faulty. Or, is it common practice to replace both?

This is the Part number: 22680-7S00A

Thanks for any advice. Will also perform the idle re-learning after installed (and after I clean the throttle body!)

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi Lapin, I looked into the FSM EC chapter. I looked at the P0101 and P010B MAF sensor code diagnoses starting at EC-178. I see they have plugs F31 and F42. I see both MAFs in the wiring diagram at pages EC-537 and EC-538. I see both plugs described, F31 on EC-549 and F42 on EC-550. The FSM mentions possible issues being leaks in intake, poor harness connections, Evap Control pressure sensor, intake air temp sensor and of course the MAF sensor itself. You'd hate to buy a pair of MAFs and find you just had an intake leak, so do your best with diagnoses first.

Here's a link to the FSM chapter I was looking at:
http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual?fsm=EX/2012/ec

Lapin
Car: 2012 Infiniti EX35 AWD Navigation

Thanks CentralCoaster33. I now see the MAF terminal diagrams...many thanks for pointing it out!

I definitely will be testing the connections (Ground, IAT and the MAF sensor signal) using a multimeter. If both sensors come up negative for any faults, it's probably an intake leak...and I'll have to go to Infiniti for repair. Hopefully my due diligence will prevent me from being raked over the coals. :)

G35Dave
Car: 2004 G35.

Good afternoon gentlemen I am currently experiencing the same problem I was wondering if there was a trouble shoot right up for the mass airflow sensor p0102 code that someone might be able to share as I don't have 275+ $ to replace a possible working order MAFS .THANKS FOR YIUR TIME AND HELP.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi G35Dave and welcome to NICO Club!

The write-up for diagnoses is done in the FSM, so likely no additional write-ups by users. You can search for P0102 codes on the internet in addition to the FSM information. There's a few here, but they're mostly for the Pathfinders. I don't know which car you have, but there's three FSM's that could be yours (2004 coupe, 2004 sedan and 2004.5 sedan). You want the EC chapter for your car. Look at this link and select your car, then select the EC chapter, then look for 0102 in the table of contents and go to that page.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/infini ... nuals.html

Now, I'm not totally familiar with your engine, but you have two MAFs. Perhaps you can swap the two with eachother, then drive around a bit for some process of elemination. This would change your code from 0102 to 0101 if the MAF sensor was bad. Be sure to check power and ground wires before buying a new part. Use some MAF cleaner from the parts store and follow the instructions on the can. Check your airbox and piping up to the throttle to be sure there are no leaks to your intake.

Please let us know how it goes.

QCtech
Car: 2003 Pathfinder LE

Have you check how dirty is your intake air valve??? This also causes similar problems. On my pathfinder is was so dirty it was clogging totally the air passage and was not allowing to do the idle relearn. After I carefully cleaned and reinstalled, the car accepted the idle relearn on the first try. As others have mentioned , also check for leaks.

noobG25x
Car: 2012 G25x

Check your throttle body and see if it is dirty. This had cause MAF sensor errors to appear and swapping out the 2 MAF sensors did not clear the error.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Any custom air filter that holds oil as a filtering agent can mess up MAF performance when the excess oil pulls out to get on the sensor wire. I saw that lots when I was in parts.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”