another KAT in CT. for ya!

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
TheProfessional
Car: movies, music, cars

CDIGITY, email me bro, im in simsbury, like 15 minutes outside of hartford with a 350rwhp sr20 project... well meet up sometime. ps- ballzy turbo :)

MarkEmark
Car: fully-built '95 240sx KA-T

So how much have you spent on turbocharging your car as of now? Where'd you get all of the intercooler piping/downpipe? Are you planning on going through emissions with that? I'm in CT (north central, i'm like 15 min from massachusetts,) and I was considering a KA24DET, but their emissions scares me...are you just running one cat? Will that be enough for you to pass, or do you have to detune your car when you go through? How much psi are you going to be running? I forget the website, but someone from CT

MarkEmark
Car: fully-built '95 240sx KA-T

So how much have you spent on turbocharging your car as of now? Where'd you get all of the intercooler piping/downpipe? Are you planning on going through emissions with that? I'm in CT (north central, i'm like 15 min from massachusetts,) and I was considering a KA24DET, but their emissions scares me...are you just running one cat? Will that be enough for you to pass, or do you have to detune your car when you go through? How much psi are you going to be running? I forget the website, but someone from CT has a 400RWHP 240, i think his name is jeff...What kind of turbo/manifold would you suggest if I were to do only 7 psi of boost? (stock internals)

Marc

TheProfessional
Car: movies, music, cars

mark wahlberg, yea, JEFF owns CIPMOTORSPORTS.COM, hes a good guy and is just getting his shop off the ground. i think he puts down 415rwhp or something with his FMAX turbo kit.

fiznat
Car: Grown up :(

yeah CT! I'm from Middletown! Come chill on the Pike sometime with us!

cdigity

manifold- $199intercooler- $325intercooler piping, couplers,clamps,oil feed and drain lines and flanges- $225walbro 255lph fuel pump- $119vortec fmu- $150turbonetics manual boost controller- $60hks blow off valve- $115(ebay)wastegate- $75(ebay)turbo- $500---------------------------------------------------------TOTAL (so far) $1768

gonna add sds em-4 additional injector kitwith 2- 480cc injectors and control module.gonna keep it around 10psi to start

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

Youve got mail:) Ive got Questions :)

Rick

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

MarkEmark wrote:So how much have you spent on turbocharging your car as of now? Where'd you get all of the intercooler piping/downpipe? Are you planning on going through emissions with that? I'm in CT (north central, i'm like 15 min from massachusetts,) and I was considering a KA24DET, but their emissions scares me...are you just running one cat? Will that be enough for you to pass, or do you have to detune your car when you go through? How much psi are you going to be running? I forget the website, but someone from CT

The turbo itself won't make you fail emmisions. Since the car isn't on boost during the sniffer test. If your county looks for carb legal parts you might have a problem. But I'm originally from the Boston area and I had no probs with any of my cars. Everything I've owned has been illegally modified in some way or another.

WD

Kinesthesia

Anyone have a link or more info about this JGS place ? Thanks.

stunt_driver

Kinesthesia wrote:Anyone have a link or more info about this JGS place ? Thanks.
http://www.jgstools.com/turbo

95_240sx

Wow, FINALLY a place that makes KA and 4cyl turbo parts that is within driving range of me! Im like 2 hours away, sweet.

Not that this message meant anything, but I felt like typing something :)

Rick

cdigity

if all goes well, car should be running by this weeks end.all thats left is fuel pump and new fuel lines(bigger)i'll be adding a split second a.i.c. too.gonna get car running first then ill add the a.i.c.using the 2-injector kit.more pics and info to come soon!!!!

95_240sx

You better post some pics man!

Rick

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”