Another DVD hack question, M37

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
knelson
Car: 2013 black M56xS

Sorry all,
I've been reading many posts, for a few hours, and am STILL not sure about the DVD/Nav hack so I can view dvds without the brake engaged and in motion. No, i won't drive irresponsible, but i like the idea of it playing rather than the black screen, etc.

I have a 2011 M37, nav and upgraded 14 speaker audio system. Do i need this...?...?...

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/nav-dvd-byp ... vk-56.html

AND, is this something i need a more seasoned mechanic to help with? I'm comfortable with minor additions and such, but reading some instructions on this mod really intimidates me. Any advice?

If i don't need the above beatsonic controller, etc. what is another method to accomplish this?

-K

beachbum718
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37 S

I have same question.how can I play video from my phone or DVD to my navi screen? In m37

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

beachbum718 wrote:I have same question.how can I play video from my phone or DVD to my navi screen? In m37
sorry for jacking this thread, beachbum718, do you have any sound clips of the exhaust and pictures of k&n in your whip? I will be getting the exhaust (stillen). I know it's quite and when you press on the pedal, it opens up and have a nice low rumble, thanks

M37owner
Car: 2011 M37

knelson wrote:Sorry all,
I've been reading many posts, for a few hours, and am STILL not sure about the DVD/Nav hack so I can view dvds without the brake engaged and in motion. No, i won't drive irresponsible, but i like the idea of it playing rather than the black screen, etc.

I have a 2011 M37, nav and upgraded 14 speaker audio system. Do i need this...?...?...

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/nav-dvd-byp ... vk-56.html

AND, is this something i need a more seasoned mechanic to help with? I'm comfortable with minor additions and such, but reading some instructions on this mod really intimidates me. Any advice?

If i don't need the above beatsonic controller, etc. what is another method to accomplish this?

-K
This looks like a very easy mod. Nothing to cut or splice. That hardest part will be getting to the connectors.
I haven't done this mod on an M, but I did similar mod on Lexus RX. I was able to get to everything after removing the inside of glove box. If the M is like this it's not a bad job.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”