SR20DET - another apexi neo afc tuning question

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
driftiteasy0113
Car: SR PIGNOOOZZZE

hey guys so i am trying to tune my sr with a neo, but the only o2 bung is on the turbo elbow so i have to take out my stock o2 to put in the wide band. when i do this it just stays in open loop am i correct? my air fuel ratio was staying pretty much the same the whole time and i thought this was weird. no matter what i set it at it was at like 13.9 or something. is the ecu not lettin me get ma tune on because its in open loop or something? do i need to have my stock o2 and weld another o2 bung on for the wideband for it to work?any feedback is appriciated.thanks guys

driftiteasy0113

so nobody can help me hu?

ray666
Car: '92 240 sr powered tuned with a neo

mostly everyone myself included run two of'em thw wide band needs to be approx. 18" away from the turbo. are you sure the neo is wired in properly? its hard to get anyone on here to answer afc questions. i've had my share of unanswered questions too.
Modified by ray666 at 6:01 PM 10/20/2009

driftiteasy0113

yeah im sure its wired properly. i dunno dude im going to try to find a o2 bung and weld it on my test pipe and try it with my stock o2 in my turbo elbow. hopefully i will be able to tune better.does anyone know where i can get one of these o2 "bungs"?

ray666
Car: '92 240 sr powered tuned with a neo

frsport has them.

GoTRicEo0
Car: Slowest crap the earth have ever seen.

Open loop or not. The AFC will modify the MAF voltage and send it the ECU. So... if the O2 sensor was unpluged. You would be modify it in limp mod. The ECU will still be in its failsafe mode, while the SAFC will tell it something completely different. No matter what setting you put. The ECU is already in fail safe mode and that pretty much makes the SAFC tune pointless. Fool the ECU into thinking there's an O2 Sensor there or tune in limp mode. Might as well install the O2 Sensor + Wideband combo instead of O2sensor delete. Cheapest way out.

Unless you go independent fuel management.-Jeff

driftiteasy0113

GoTRicEo0 wrote:Open loop or not. The AFC will modify the MAF voltage and send it the ECU. So... if the O2 sensor was unpluged. You would be modify it in limp mod. The ECU will still be in its failsafe mode, while the SAFC will tell it something completely different. No matter what setting you put. The ECU is already in fail safe mode and that pretty much makes the SAFC tune pointless. Fool the ECU into thinking there's an O2 Sensor there or tune in limp mode. Might as well install the O2 Sensor + Wideband combo instead of O2sensor delete. Cheapest way out.

Unless you go independent fuel management.-Jeff
cool thanks dude thats what i needed to hear

Return to “Engine Tuning”