Another '02 Q45 with aftermarket rims from CA.

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Jason B

I saw these pictures on yahoo groups from a guy named Richard Chao. He's in orange county, CA. Anyone know him or his email?

MetaOrbit
Car: Black 2002 Infiniti I35 Sport

Hey Jason, I came across another Q on aftermarket wheels (20's) myself..

Jason B

WOW! I will add this to the collection. If anyone finds anymore, be sure to post.

The car looks beautiful, but I don't know about those wheels. :ooo:

340HP

Q + new rims = no tire pressure readout? How do you make sure that the new 20" rims show you tire pressure? Are there some little sensors that you need to order and glue to the inside of the rim??

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

God, that white Q looks horrid. Those Lexani rims are all the stuff with the low-budget high-ego crowd. Poorly constructed, heavy as hell, and not even a clean design... Bleaugh!

Not certain I even like the tuner style on the first one, but to each his own.

I'd like to see a 2002 Q rolling on a set of 20" rims that look identical to the early Q pie-pans! Now THAT would be sweet!

340HP

How about this one?

Original 17"

My Photoshop rendering:

Apologies for the URL overlay, my server is down at the moment. It should be up in a day or two.

MetaOrbit

I have to agree, I really don't like the wheels on the white Q.

I have a question though - a while back someone was asking how to lower the front end of their '02 Q, that the rear end was low enough.

I find the same thing on my car, that the rear end usually looks low enough for me, but that the front end almost seems jacked up a little with much more gap. Do the manufacturers do this for a reason?

Or does a full tank of gas really weigh that much? :D ;)

In any case, it still appears the same when the tank is about empty as well.

Jason B

That may be an answer for q45tech.

A lot of cars are like this. Here are some of the M3:

MetaOrbit

Yeah, I've noticed that especially on BMW's. My friend got a new 330ci and compared to the rear, the lift on the front is very pronounced.

jefftrexler
Car: 1991 Nissan Maxima

What your seeing is not a slightly raised front end...its a lowered rear fender lip design. The rear fenders on BMWs and other cars are designed to be lower than the front. Just look at a side picture of a BMW...you'll notice that the rear fender lip is about 1 to 2 inches lower than the front. I personally don't understand why a car would be designed like that, but the manufacturer had SOME reason to do it.

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

maybe it's because during hard cornering and braking the front needs more traveling distance because it'll be abosorbing most likely up to 70% of the cars weight. Maybe even more if you consider forces of deceleration and centrifugal force. I'd like to see a vector chart for the front out wheel on the Q in a turn with a 100ft radius and about 40 mph right as the driver starts a hard controlled braking.

Jason B

Mayhem_J30, that's what I think one reason may be.

Same thing on the S class:

Stoneage_Turbo
Car: just about anything

i belive front wheel wells have a larger diameter , i dont think the car sits higer its just there is more room in the front for the wheels since they turn and tuck in farther , also why there flared out a little more

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

Stoneage_Turbo wrote:i belive front wheel wells have a larger diameter , i dont think the car sits higer its just there is more room in the front for the wheels since they turn and tuck in farther , also why there flared out a little more

thanks stony. i thought about this last night after working some physics problems. if the front end is under heavy load and you're turning there needs to be more room for the wheel. the only options is either a very aggressive fender flare, huge wheel gap or a generous portion of both. Obviously in this day and age we know fender flare is more attractive.i'll have to get my girlfriend to finish the vector problem since i'm a little rusty on that stuff now. i had like 2000+Newtons in centrifugal force last night...that can't be right since the car is only placing 1000+something Newtons on the ground.:rolleyes That would be pulling 2+ gravitational pulls on the skid pad. could you imagine!

Jason B

New BMW 7 with optional 19's. Another raised front end.

Return to “General Chat”