Annoying Wind Noise on Driver's Side

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Jim2CPU
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

Has anyone else noticed an annoying, high-pitched wind noise on the Driver's side above 75-80KM/hour?

Mine is pretty bad and I'm trying to isolate why. The cars we test drove didn't have this problem and it's driving me crazy.

One thing that I did notice was that under both mirrors there is a circular hole in the middle and mine were both covered with paper stickers. I removed the paper sticker from the driver's side and unfortunately it didn't resolve the problem.

It doesn't appear to have anything to do with the seal around the window because at higher speeds (120KM/hour), I can hear it even with the window completely down.

Thoughts? I'll be taking it to the dealership soon if I can't figure it out for myself.

electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

Do a search on this and I think you will find that there have been a few threads with this same problem. The best I remember, the door, mainly on the driver side was dented under the mirror and that was causing the problem. I don't know if they have a gorilla to tighten things down or just clumsy morons who don't give a rats rear if it gets dented. Anyway, this is not the first time I have heard of this.

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Yeah, this happened to me. Look at your side mirrors. Your driver's side mirror probably has a gap between the bottom of it and the mating surface on the driver's door. On my car, this happened when the door was dented (right at the hole for the mirror mount) at the factory, then the mirror was placed on top of the dent.

My dealer fixed it for free.

Jim2CPU
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

In my case, the wind noise was actually being caused by the bug deflector. I'm going to have it removed and they're going to credit that towards the 3M protective strip instead.

DocPlez
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL, White 6 spd w/ conv package, 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe, 2004 Superformance "Shel

I had a similar problem however it was on the passenger side of my Versa SL. Oddly enough as soon as I stopped the car and let my girlfriend out it stopped.

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

DocPlez wrote:I had a similar problem however it was on the passenger side of my Versa SL. Oddly enough as soon as I stopped the car and let my girlfriend out it stopped.
That's what you get for choosing the empty-head model...

DocPlez
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL, White 6 spd w/ conv package, 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe, 2004 Superformance "Shel

Sir ... we simply refer to that as the "Blonde Option" = )

Return to “Versa General Chat”