Annoying Interior Armrest Door Handle!!!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
shadownissan
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Does anyone out there besides me not annoyed (or physically) hurting from the plastic armrest handle on the drivers side. Maybe it's the way I am driving but my knee lines up perfectly with the handle on the armrest. In fact sometimes the bottom left of the handle just pokes at me. I am pretty bruised up there. Looking to make some sort of foam padding to cover it up.

I've read through all the threads even the one about things you don't like about your Rogue. Am I really the only one with this problem. If not, please, please, please share your pain or ideas on how you fixed it.

Here's an image (passenger side but you'll get the idea) of what I am talking about:

Leo2005

Hmm. Don't have that problem but.....Did you try to remove the door panel? That may help.

CincyRoguer
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD/Gotham Gray/Black Leather

No, I don't have a problem with it either. I'm 5'10", so I have long legs that go past that part of the armrest. The parking break does bother me though when I want to stretch out my left leg. Kind of in the way.

youngdustin
Car: 99 Altima

I, nor my wife, have run into this on the Rogue...however, on our '99 Altima my knee is uncomfortable as it rests against the door, so I understand what you're talking about. I'm not a big fan of the pedal-style parking brakes because they do tend to get in the way.

2009 Indigo Blue
Car: Indigo Blue 2009 Rogue S FWD

I'm only 5'3" & I don't have this problem either. My knee isn't up that high to even come in contact w/ that part of the door.

Jimothy12
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

Move your seat up or back

kazzan11236
Car: 2008 Nissan Rouge SL-FWD-Fully Loaded-Tints

im 5'11... and i tend to drive with my left leg NOT extended to bottom...

so my knee hits that thing to... i just dont LEAN on my left side. keeps pressure off it... no pain... its the way u put pressure in each side. makes a big difference

i kno exactly what u talkin about thou...

i drive with both hands but never at the same time...

usually when im cruisin on a street/highway (not making any turns really)

ill sit my arm on my left knee and use the left to steer. the right just holds the cigg/whateva...

but i make shure i center the pressure on the seat so i dont put too much on my knee...

works...

t.mckim
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Orange Alloy

I feel your pain. I'm 6' 0" and I am constantly having to move my leg away from the handle as it naturally wants to be over there. Unfortunately, the comment about moving the seat forward or back cannot resolve my issue as I find the furthest back position to afford me the best comfort combined with the most optimum view of the instrument panel.All that said, I still love my Rogue. Have a great weekend Rogueing, I will.

rogueboy

I dont like that the doors are missing that little pocket in the armrest, I used them on my older cars to put my cell phone, and also its easier to grab to close the door.

indybuggy

I AGREE!!

But not when i am driving, but as a passenger I like to sit "Indian style" and my knee hits that bar making it so I can't sit that way.

jrmas
Car: Nissan Rogue sl awd

Totally feel your pain in the left knee. im not that tall 5'10 but I immediately noticed the discomfort when i test drove the Rogue. I guess by now I got used to it but to alieviate this discomfort i recline my seat a bit more which changes the overall position of my body. Also try pumping the seat up or down that may help. Overall. I love my Rogue but Nissan could have given more thought into door handle design. They did for the rest of the vehicle which seems a lot smaller and cramped from the outside, but is more spacious and roomy than my Xterra was on the inside. Also the center console design stinks.J

duckhunter08
Car: 2008 Silver Ice Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm 6'1" and i noticed it about the 3rd time i drove my rogue. i have about a 3 hour round trip to and from work every day and although it is annoying, i don't have anny bruising.

chove1437
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I'm 5'10" and know exactly what you mean. I have adjusted my seat back, recline a bit and pumped down which helps but every now and again, I notice the side of my knee leaning against the bottom of the arm rest causing discomfort.

My previous car was a 2001 Nissan Sentra SE. The arm rest was concave at the bottom which left you room for your knee to relax. Wish they did that with the Rogue. Also wish there was a hole in the arm rest to pull on the door as well.

shadownissan

OK so maybe I don't have "bruising" but there is some sensitivity on the leg where the handle hits.

I have tried just about every seat postion. What works best for me is the VERY laid back slouching to the side position. So if you ever see a guy with his head some where on the passenger side, say hello, it's me.

I am going to try and get some foam that is used to cover pipes and (anyone else is old enough to remember) the center bar on the old bmx kids bikes. I'll maybe get someone to stitch up some nice fabric with velcro ends to hide the ugly foam.

If I ever get around to it, I'll post a picture of it.

Thank you all for sharing your "pain".

Nick 568

I'm 6-2" and I do know what you're talking about, but due to my driving position, my knee only bumps up against it occasionally, so it's not really an issue for me.

Return to “Rogue Forum”