Announcing Project ActiveTuning Version 3 - 03 Altima

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
Dave@ActiveTuning

Yes, it's my car ;) We'll be using it as a project car for ActiveTuning and documented each step along the way. This first issue catches everybody up with the performance/suspension parts of the car. You can check out the article here:

http://www.activetuning.com/pat/3/1

Don't forget, you can also read P.A.T. Version 1, which is a project 2002 Altima here. We're currently working on a new issue that will be complimenting the stock sound system.

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

hey , do that to my car!

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

Dave,Nice ride. Its good to see a fellow owner with a classy ride. Care to stick around and answer some questions for the members on the board? Not sure what your experience with Altimas are, but we are always looking for people who will engage in conversation/debate about Altimas and Nissans. Welcome to the boards and if there is anything that you need, let me know.

bud

Dave@ActiveTuning

Cold_Zero wrote:Dave,Nice ride. Its good to see a fellow owner with a classy ride. Care to stick around and answer some questions for the members on the board? Not sure what your experience with Altimas are, but we are always looking for people who will engage in conversation/debate about Altimas and Nissans. Welcome to the boards and if there is anything that you need, let me know.

bud

Thanks, I appreciate the comments :)

Yeah I'll be on here every now and then checking things out ;)

nlzmo400r

is that the active tuning grill on your car? i have a silver o2 altima, and wanted to put that grill on there, however could never find it, and then was worried about bugs and such sticking in there like glue, i live in louisiana, so believe it or not, thats a priority

Dave@ActiveTuning

nlzmo400r wrote:is that the active tuning grill on your car? i have a silver o2 altima, and wanted to put that grill on there, however could never find it, and then was worried about bugs and such sticking in there like glue, i live in louisiana, so believe it or not, thats a priority

Yeah, you can order it at ActiveTuning.com (although we pulled it off temporarily, will be back in about 2 weeks). Where are you worried about bugs getting stuck? In the mesh? If you just make sure to wipe down the mesh (or just wash your car frequently) you will have no problems...it's like any other grille on your car.

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

Dave, nice ride, I've seen you on altimas.net.

Cold_Zero

If they get the side mirror covers going, I could be really interested. My driver's side mirror cover is broken and needs replaced.bud

nlzmo400r

how did u break that thing? i smacked a maxima with mine at like 15mph and left without a scratch

Cold_Zero

I was backing out of the car port this winter. As I passed the 4X4 pole the side mirror cover popped off. I know have body damage on my passanger side due to my wheel collapsing. As Repoman calls it "Catestrophic Wheel Failure."

nlzmo400r

Cold_Zero wrote:I was backing out of the car port this winter. As I passed the 4X4 pole the side mirror cover popped off. I know have body damage on my passanger side due to my wheel collapsing. As Repoman calls it "Catestrophic Wheel Failure."
wow that sucks, holy crap, your wheel 'collapsed?!!', the 18's? what happened, u mean they just broke?!

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

Bud told me the entire story, Sad to see aftermarket rims broken.

nlzmo400r

would u mind passing that story along to me? what type of wheels were htey, and did he hit a pot hole or something?

Cold_Zero

It was an Enkei RSF-2. My wife was driving down Fall Creek Blvd in Indianapolis and hit bump. I drive this road every day to work and there is nothing on this road that needs to be avoided while you are driving. She heard the sound of metal clanging in the wheel well and immediatly turned of onto the sholder. 3 pieces of the wheel broke off and flew out of the wheel well. She is very lucky that the wheel stayed on the axl and she could turn off the road. Here are some pictures of the wheel. http://www.nicoclub.com/forums...31120

nlzmo400r

damn bro, good thing she turned off immediately, smart woman, and thank god she's ok, cause that couldve been a disaster, and it was an enkei wheel, not a cheapo off brand, that what gets me, did u ever get a replacement for it or money back from enkei?

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”