Android Bluetooth Stutter / Skip Samsung Note 5 - 2012 G37x with Nav

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
delfinparis
Car: g37x
dad has the m37x :)

I have a 2012 g37x with Nav. I recently bought a Samsung Note 5.

The every few seconds skipping that many have reported over the years via bluetooth with Infiniti cars is back. I had a Note 3 and a Note 4 and rarely got the stutter. I would just reboot the phone and it would usually play fine the next time.

With the Note 5 calls work perfect. This is only an issue for playing music over Bluetooth.

I've tried a TON of solutions - like factory resetting the phone, clearing bluetooth application cache, etc.

The phone connects to a few other bluetooth devices I own just fine and plays audio flawlessly. I sent a support ticket into Infiniti to have them test the Note 5 on the 2012 g37x. Will keep fingers crossed that they would care enough to check. :)

Would love to swap out the iphone connector, but that's not doable, sadly.

If anyone has advice for me, I thank you in advance!

D.J.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

delfinparis wrote:
If anyone has advice for me, I thank you in advance!

D.J.
Use an IPOD

Telcoman

delfinparis

I just saw AC/DC live a few weeks ago at Wrigley. Amazing!

delfinparis

Update to this issue.

1. Took car to infiniti dealer. No bluetooth updates in TSB. We even went through all firmware updates to see if anything might be useful. Nothing.

2. Got a second Samsung Note 5 - sadly was able to replicate the issue. Still stutters every few seconds exactly as the first Note 5. Tested in about a dozen audio apps.

3. Heard back from Infiniti - they're able to replicate the issue, but don't know if it's an Infiniti issue or a Samsung Note 5 issue. The engineers are looking into it.

My guess is that bluetooth tech has evolved since 2012 and the car's firmware just needs a tweak.

Would be awesome if there was a way to convert the ipod port to an Android port, but I don't think you can do that. Maybe somebody will hack that together.

If you have any ideas, let me know. Thanks!

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”