Android Auto/ USB port glitch

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

I am having intermediate issues with my headunit on the 2019 Rogue SV, where everything works fine except when using Android Auto for audio via USB Type C. First I thought it was a phone charger/wire issue, so I changed to a different wire to isolate if its a cable issue or not, and its still giving the same issue. My phone isn't the issue, as I always use the aux jack and usb type C port and never get any type of interference at all; but I still used my dad's Galaxy S10+ and mom's Google Pixel 2XL, to isolate out the phone portion and its giving the same exact issue. Before I take this vehicle to the dealer, I would like to know what is causing the issue? Is it some wiring problem within the vehicle or headunit?

howie411
Car: 2018 Rogue Hybrid

Does the 2019 have a USB C port in the head? I thought it still has a USB A port.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

It still uses USB A. I thought it had USB C when I was changing wires to figure out if its just the wire issue or not.

Phreakdout
Car: 2004 Nissan 350Z Roadster

I have the same issue. Any resolution on this?

Jimmy9190
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue S

My 2018 had a similar problem with intermittent audio that kept cutting in and out with my phone plugged into the USB port. This was when I first bought the car in February 2020 and I had a Samsung A10 phone back then. Android Auto worked fine with the USB cable that came with the phone but I needed a longer cable so I could keep the phone in the console box when using Android Auto on trips. I bought a cheap USB cable and that was when the problem first started. Then I tried an Anker brand braided USB cable from Amazon, it cost a few bucks more but is a lot better quality and I have had no problems at all with Android Auto since then. I have a Pixel 6 phone now and have had no trouble using it with the Anker cable either.

Return to “Rogue Forum”