And what about without TPMS?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
SanOK
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue Select

Hello Gen 1 Rogue Owners! The question arose, what if you install wheel rims without tire pressure sensors? Will the dashboard error be permanently lit? Perhaps the question is stupid, but I really don't want to buy sensors. Has anyone had a similar experience?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Yes, the BCM will do the 20-flash-and-then-solid thing (hardware error) and the lamp will be lit constantly. The clusters aren't terribly difficult to take apart, you can lift the fascia and stick some black oaktag over the LED. I've done that for several customers who were in your position with older vehicles. Don't use paint or marker, it's almost impossible to lay it on thick enough to blot out the light.

SanOK
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue Select

VStar650CL wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:07 am
Yes, the BCM will do the 20-flash-and-then-solid thing (hardware error) and the lamp will be lit constantly. The clusters aren't terribly difficult to take apart, you can lift the fascia and stick some black oaktag over the LED. I've done that for several customers who were in your position with older vehicles. Don't use paint or marker, it's almost impossible to lay it on thick enough to blot out the light.
I understood you, you helped me! Thank you :)

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Someday I might get to the point where I might just cover the light of my tpms sensors break down. I did get them replaced a few years ago.

But if I ever need to cover the light, I would use gorilla tape, it blocks light 100% since I use it on a toaster oven that has the light always on. :domo:

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Yep, black duct tape is good also, as is heavy electrical tape. It's actually very easy to do on most clusters. You only need to remove the front glass, which is held on by pawls. The fascia will lift up without removing the needles, so the masking material (whatever you use) can just be slid into place underneath it. The fascia itself will keep the stuff flat, so there's no need to worry about anything peeling up.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Vstar with an old car, I’ll stick with the lazy method and just lay it on top of the cheap easily scratched plastic cluster.

If I was ocd enough to take off the glass or whatever to put ugly tape on, I probably rather just replace the tpms sensors by having discount tire put them in.

Seriously, I probably break something with my luck.

Because I’m not keen on removing any glass to put some crappy tape under. I thought most like me would just slap the tape on and be done with it. :lolling:

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

casperfun wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:20 pm
Vstar with an old car, I’ll stick with the lazy method and just lay it on top of the cheap easily scratched plastic cluster.
https://www.novuspolish.com/fine_scratch_remover.html
casperfun wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:20 pm
If I was ocd enough to take off the glass or whatever to put ugly tape on, I probably rather just replace the tpms sensors by having discount tire put them in.
The tape isn't ugly, it's invisible. You put it underneath the fascia (the part with the silkscreens), not over it.

Return to “Rogue Forum”