amp setup help

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
red240ne
Car: mmm...donuts

i have a 89 240 and was wondering where on the firewall i should drill a 1/2" hole? where have other people done this? i was looking at my cousin's eclipse tonight, b/c her's is set up for an amp, and her setup isn't possible on my car, which probably just confused me more. her battery's on the driver side, so yea...so where should i drill this hole? i don't just mean a general area either, i mean specifically. please help me, those who have already walked this path.:help

GodDrivesA240sx
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

red240ne wrote:i have a 89 240 and was wondering where on the firewall i should drill a 1/2" hole? where have other people done this? i was looking at my cousin's eclipse tonight, b/c her's is set up for an amp, and her setup isn't possible on my car, which probably just confused me more. her battery's on the driver side, so yea...so where should i drill this hole? i don't just mean a general area either, i mean specifically. please help me, those who have already walked this path.:help

Don't drill a hole. On my old '89 I ran it through one of the hose's entrance. It came out behind the glove box. Look in that area.

red240ne

yea i found that last night after i posted this. what was it even there for?

S13Drifter

You say you have an injen CAI i didn't think that injen made a CAI for the 12v 240sx. Were did you get it from 'cause i would like one if they make them. Thanks.

red240ne

you can get them anywhere, just go to nopi.com..i wouldn't recommend getting it though, it's not worth the money, i would just have a tube made, and put a cone filter on if i were you...i got ripped. put a weapon r filter. i like

S13Drifter

I have hear that the weapon r filter is the best, i think i might get that. Thanks

red240ne

it doesn't matter too much performance wise, it's just REALLY loud. intake doesn't do too much to your car anyways.

S13Drifter

When combinded with exhast you can pick up some Hp, but you are right it is mostly the sound.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”