Amp Question

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
S-14boy
Car: 1998 Nissan 240SX SE

Does any one know how to hook up two amps to run the same subs, I have 2 10" and had one amp powering both and was not enough so i bought another. I bought Monster Cable RCA Y-spliters. But as far as hooking up the power and ground how should i takle this. Distributer block? or can i just run another cable across from the other amps power and the same with ground? if not should I ground both amps in the same spot???I want to try to avoid that humming noise too.

InstantRice

btw if its dual voice coil just hook each amp up as if the sub was svc

S-14boy

can i just run one power to another or do i need a distributor block??? also currently i have my subs bridged, can i just stick the pos with the pos of the other speaker or do i need to run each speaker separate.

Simmsled
Car: TSI GTI - E46 325i

How many channels do your amps have?

What impedance are your subs? (ohms)

Grounding your amps in the same spot eliminates "Ground Loop" noise and is recommended just as long as you secure them well.

If you only have one power cable... run another, or get a distribution block.

To make both turn on, you can take the remote turn on wire and go from one amp to the other with no problem.

S-14boy

Ok thanks guys but I solved my problem an easier way. I just bought a bigger amp because by the time I bought amp, RCA spliters, distributer, and Rockford Fosgate amp tie I was spending as much as a 400S. But Thanks for the responses anyways.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”