aem problems

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
moneymike
Car: 1991 nissan d21 hardbody

so i just got my ems series 2 the other day hooked it up and changed out the cas with the aem one
go to crank the car and it wont start :confused:
can anyone tell me what i need to do

mksue3240sx
Car: 240sx

mine did that, turns out i damaged the optic sensor in the distrbutor when i changed that stupid wheel. new distributor, car started.

neverlift

just a note guys the wheel "should" come out without removing the optical sensor. Not familiar with the aem wheel, but is it marked top/bottom or this side up? Maybe its just 90 out(when you put the disc on upside down it would change the offset roughly 90*)

moneymike

i tried to take out the sensor then i noticed you didnt have to
there is only one way you can put the disc in

mksue3240sx
Car: 240sx

i checked mine with an oscillascope and no output. maybe it was a coincidence mine died. the output should be a nice square wave. i have heard of cases where the car would not start on the base map they provide. i also used a gm map sensor and a gm air temp sensor, as i had heard its much easier to program. if your cam sensor has output, and you have no spark or injector pulse, it maybe a base map problem. once mine started, the shop that dynoed it did the rest of the map, and they said it was WAY off.

moneymike

if thats the case then i think its the map cause its getting spark and gas and it tries to start just wont go
ima take it over to these people down here, they know what they are doing they had one of the quickest 240s on the road

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”