Ambitious Datsun B210 question

Here you'll find topics regarding the Datsun B210, 310, 610, 710, 810, 1200, and lots of other models - All are welcome!
AZBL

Alright, so this is my first time on here. I'll get right to the point though. I've been scouring craigslist for a cheap manual car to learn to work on and learn manual with. I came across a 1974 B210 for sale but in need of restoration. Owner says it's been sitting for years. Now I don't have much experince but I'm always willing to learn when it comes to things I'm interested in. In your opinion, is this to ambitious of a project? It seems like it would be for someone like me, but just seemed like something interesting and it doesn't hurt to ask for some opinions. I'll attach a copy of the ad below. If you need any other info, since this seems a bit vague, just ask and let me know. Thanks for any responses!
Car link: https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6083416302.html

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi and welcome to NICO Club!

I saw the ad. That is a complete tear down type of resto imho. You'd learn everything about that car, because all of it needs attention. That's both cool and not cool. You'd need it trailered to your house and you'd need a garage to work/ store it in. You'd need a job for income to buy parts and you'd need a different car for transportation for a while. Yeah, it's got that unique car, quirkiness appeal, but it's quite a big bite for a "noob trainer". I'd say it's a 2-3 year restoration/ learning project. You won't be driving it until then I'd think.

To get yourself started, you might want a car that's a bit closer to running. Actually, a running car would be great. You could restore parts of it as you go along and still learn some driving skills. Lot's of people do this with a 240sx, Sentra, an old Z, etc. I just ran into a guy at the gas station with a 510 that was pretty sweet. Those are cool however they are getting kind of rare which equals a bump in cost. I say keep looking and run your finds past us here. We'll help you all we can.

Those '65 trucks look cool (if one runs, maybe check it out), there's a few '70s Zs, a neat 210, an '89 240sx and more in your area, though the prices do start to climb.

AZBL

Centralcoaster33, thank you greatly for the feedback! Okay, I will keep looking for sure since this one seems a bit to far fetched at the moment. If I run across any others I'll be sure to post them here!

amitchell
Car: 1975 Datsun B210

Good morning, so I am new to this website, I have a 1975 Datsun B210, and am looking for ideas to make it better. It has it's original engine. I'm new to this, so be kind. lol.

Thanks April

Return to “Other Datsun Cars”