Amber Blinker Bulb Switch Out

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

While owning my previous car (2K Mitsu Eclipse GT) I was just getting into mods. I came across some silver bulbs (~$30) for clear corners (blinkers) from http://www.stealthauto.com where the bulb was silver but it would light up amber (for legal purposes). Since getting my M45 a couple days ago, I've been searching the forums and the web to find out our bulb size/type. No luck! The Stealth Auto site has a look up but only goes through 2004. I've emailed them earlier today to see what they could tell me but no answer yet. They have bulbs that can be used in most all cars.

The deal is, I love the clear front lights but HATE the amber bulb making the blinker space show up yellow. With the limited mods we can find for our car, this would be a very simple way to improve the view from the front.

Anyone know the bulb number? Our manual shows T20 but that doesn't match with the normal bulb numbers you'd find on the net.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Hmmm ... I was under the impression that (in some US states) anything other than an amber colored light (using either a amber bulb or a amber cover) for the turn-signal was illegal. Am I wrong about this?

Z

superjv1080

I was just about to get these bulbs for my eclipse before I test drove the M (planned on getting the new G35 next year - oh well). The many posts on club3g.com had many people noting that the law was that the light must show amber when lit. Some people were putting super brights in their clear corners. That was always taking a chance and some got tickets.

The purpose of the Stealth bulbs is that the bulb has a silver coating but lights up amber. So in the day, the blinker housing stays silver instead of having a half way yellow look due to the bulb. It's just a cleaner look during the day. At night the light will be the normal amber. These bulbs are more for day time show & shine.

superjv1080

I just need to know the bulb size. Like 194, 1156, 1157, ect.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

superjv1080 wrote:I just need to know the bulb size. Like 194, 1156, 1157, ect.
I'll look to see if I can find the info ...

Z

superjv1080

After doing some Google searches, I've hunted down the common bulb numbers for our car. The main reason for this is to find the correct bulb number for the blinkers to replace them with clear bulbs that light amber. Check out http://www.stealthauto.com for examples. My email to them went unanswered but I found out anyway.

LIGHT ~ WATT ~ BULB# ~ OTHER#

Front turn signal light ~ 21 ~ T20 ~ 7440Front fog light ~ 55 ~ H11 ~ --Clearance light ~ 5 ~ T10 ~ 194Front side marker light ~ 5 ~ T10 ~ 194Rear back-up ~ 18 ~ T16 ~ 168Rear turn signal ~ 21 ~ WY21W ~ 7440

I'm a bit unsure why the WY21W isn't marked in the manual as T20. My Google searches showed bulbs marked as 7440/WY21W and since 7440 is the same as T20 it doesn't make sense. I guess when I get my stealth bulbs for the front blinkers, I'll try them out in the back. Or before ordering the bulbs, I'll remove a front and rear blinker bulb and see if they're the same.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”