Am I getting scammed???

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
horrorbiz
Car: 90 240sx hatch, 02 Subaru WRX

I recently had all 4 fuel injectors replaced with rebuilt injectors. Still had problems after I got it back. Took it back to the shop, 2 of the rebuilt injectors were bad. Got it back, smelled a heavy fuel smell, pulled over HUGE puddle of fuel sitting on the manifold and the # 4 injector is soaked. Back to the shop it went. Got a call and the guy said that rebuilt injectors don't fit right and now they want to charge me for new injectors from the dealer plus a new fuel rail, o rings ..... WTF. I just spent over $800 getting this thing fixed and now they want to charge me another $450. I should have just spent the xtra 2grand and got the SR. Have you guys ever heard that or am I getting scammed.

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

Instead of getting new injectors from the factory, think about getting some Venom injectors. They are 10% overstock and dont require your ECU to be reprogrammed for them to work. Plus they cost around $287 for the set of 4. Unless you have no mechincal inclinations whatsoever, changing your fuel injectors yourself is EASY!

http://www.coximport.com/venom/nissan.html

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

tell them they need to fix it(for no more money), or give you your money back so you can take it somewhere that can.its not your fault the part they put in(TWICE!) didnt fit. they shoulda have told you to begin with(or the first time) that those part might not fit.-chet

bruinbear714

Yes, please go tell them to fix it with the original $800 you gave them, or restore it back to original condition and give your money back. If they don't, threaten to report them to the BBB and file a complaint with your credit card company (YOU DID USE A CC RIGHT?).

Like JNM240 said, changing out the injectors/rings is EASY unless the thought of opening your hood scares you. Rebuilt injectors are crap.

Why did they want to replace all four injectors in the first place?

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”