Altima Wheel Speed Sensor - 1 part or 2?

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
Cybergy
Car: 2009 Altima Sedan

I have a 2009 Altima 3.5 spitting out an ABS error code "Left rear wheel speed sensor erratic". The brakes have not been performing properly so I need to replace the part.

Weird thing is, how many parts are there? There are two rear wheel sensors, but only 1 electrical connector (as my mechanic tells me). So you would think it's a single part right? Dealership says no, it's 2 separate parts at about $248 each + tax. Yikes! I can get them much cheaper online, but they are still 2 separate parts (left and right).

The parts guy at the dealership asked a tech in the shop and he said the aftermarket parts can be fitted, but you have to take out the pins from the electrical connector and fit them into the existing connector. I have a parts diagram but

Anyone have experience with this you can share to help me work this out? :wtf2:

Cybergy

The dealer parts diagram clearly shows 2 separate part numbers (47900M(RH) & 47900MA(LH)) connecting to a single electrical connector. Yet every part source I can find online shows either a left or right.

I have ordered the wheel sensors for a 2007-2008 Altima from Amazon, because it looks just like the one in the car.
https://www.amazon.com/Sensor-2007-2008 ... B00MIFKT06

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

The part is one part. Consisting of two sensors and wiring going to ONE connector. A single connector can have 50 wires in it if wanted. Because the part is unitized it can be either part number yet still be same part which again is two sensors connected at one connector. Doesn't matter which one you order, you should still get the same part. Likely a stupid parts book error.

Amazon part likely may work as it says same thing but in another way...........left OR right, since the assembly is STILL one part. I see 3 wires in the connector might check yours and make sure it has 3.

Cybergy

Thanks amc49, but it's not one part on most online sources, and also with the dealership (I have triple-verified with 2 dealerships). The dealer insists it comes only as 2 parts for my 2009 3.5l sedan.

Here's the RockAuto link showing EITHER left or right - but not both.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nis ... ensor,1912

I think somewhere in the production of the 2009 Altima, a change was made in the design for whatever reason and the change has not been reflected in the parts catalog. However, through alibabba (mostly Chinese sources) the year range for the combined, single unit is 2001-2012 - so there is definitely a discrepancy here.

Cybergy

The Dealer tech said you can order aftermarket and just pull out the pins and insert into the existing connector. So I ordered the offending left rear sensor from RockAuto and the connector is molded - no way to remove pins, so I have to eat the shipping costs and return it.

It is a stupid parts error to be certain...

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”