Altima SE-R vs ALL

Blast down the 1320? Love the 1/8 mile action? Here's your forum.
Esteban Mayer
Car: 2005 Nissan Altima SE-R

I just purchased a used Altima SE-R with manual transmission.. i love the car! it drives and looks like new with only 20k miles on it, and way faster than my previous car...i was thinking about going to the track and racing cars with similar performance... what could those be?Civic SI?Focus ST?Mitsubishi Eclipse V6?mustang GT maybe?Audi S3?what other cars are in our range?

Hussain
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5se CVT

i have a automatic altima coupe so your manual SE-R should be about the same as mine... i've beaten automatic G35, Automatic GT mustang (99-04), i even got a couple 350z's.... since the Altima is a FWD and has the VQ and manual, you just got to work on launches. for me its easy and i do perfect launches every time because i have a automatic. you'll be surprised how slow some fast manual cars will go when not launched properly... try and shift fast, something pretty much everyone can do.... mostly focus on launches.... have you raced at the track before? have you ever run the SE-R?

Esteban Mayer
Car: 2005 Nissan Altima SE-R

I only have a couple of weeks with the new altima.. and had not had chance to hit the track. i used to go very often a couple of years back, i had 5 spd ecotec Cavalier 2003. it was not as fast but i did hit 15.4 with only complete exhaust on it. i even beat a couple of SE-R spec V Sentras haha.. they were not happy. i also ran some times with a 1969 Barracuda that was hitting high 13s... also manual.. not to brag but i am pretty good launching manual cars.. with excellent reaction times.. i suppose i should hit around 14.8 with the Altima... what were u running stock?

Hussain
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5se CVT

stock i hit a 14.4, with 2.5" cat-back exhaust i hit a 14.2, and with no muffler i hit a 13.912 (with room for improvement). since you been to the track a good amount of times i think you'll do a lot better then a 14.8. but its nice to not think you're going to run super fast and then when you go faster then you expected you get hella happy... better then being sad cuz you ran slower then expected lol

NismoAltSE-R
Car: SE-R

hey hussain, did u notice a difference when you put the QTP Electronic Exhaust cut-out in??

Return to “Nissan Drag Racing Forum”