Altima problems

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
imsony23
Car: 1996 Nissan altima

I have a 1996 Nissan altima ive been trying to get back on the road. I got a transmission swap done and a motor swap. The car has many problems but I just want it as a daily. Anyway so my speedometer does not work but my rpm and gas gauge does. Also my temperature gauge does not work. When i go to drive the car it feels as if the car is in limp mode. It stays on one gear and when i try to accelerate when I get to a stop light the car takes about a couple minutes to pick up speed. Any ideas or anyone who can help I GREATLY appreciate it. i spent too much money on these FALSE mechanics. Thanks in advance for any responses!

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

That's a lot to diagnose over the internet. Maybe try posting in our regional forums and someone can direct you to a reputable shop that's local to you.

GxeSleeper
Car: '94 Altima
K&N Filter
Custom Cold Box
Hot Cammed! to be

float_6969 wrote:That's a lot to diagnose over the internet. Maybe try posting in our regional forums and someone can direct you to a reputable shop that's local to you.
thats two questions... 1 too many for ya?
dont see a reason to reply unless you have info he doesnt know of

well two sensors are out. obviously speed sensor and temp SWITCH, the sensor is not necessarily out the switch send the voltage to the dash, the sensor send voltage to the ecu for engine control . its also an automatic. meaning the speed sensor controls the tranny shift patterns and points. check engine light should be on why not get it checked? 16.99 at autozone in washington

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”