Altima power question

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
tani
Car: Gadgets

:confused:

My confusion is about my 94 nissan altima gxe, I have 85K in it. I believe that it should have more power when you start from a stop or sometimes after slowing down for a 90 degree curve and trying to accelerate, it does not seem very powerful. Everyone sais that they have great power for a 4 cylinder, but I also took it for a 14 point tune up, even changed fuel filter, and a 3 step fuel injector cleaner, but still no difference. Anyone having any clue could help, please?

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

well the car im assuming has the stock ka24de motor in it, which is rated at 15ohp and 155 ft lbs of tq, they are a fairly powerful motor for a 4cyl, atleast for its time, also, as far as coming out of turns and such, assuming u have an auto, the car is probably already in second gear, and there for at very low rpms and not exaclty in the power band, if u keep up with hte engine like u say, then you should be fine as far as power delivery right now, you can't expect THAT much from the motor, but love it for what it is i guess

nlzmo400r

now if they're are any obvious studders in teh car, such as surging and what not, then let me know and we can get people to start lending help, but as of rite now, it sounds like u just want a fsater car , haha

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

auto tranny, you need a 5 sp if you expect performance, unless you plan on modifying your auto:pface

nlzmo400r

the only thing an auto provides over a 5spd is a consistant ,fairly quick, clean never miss, shift, and if you're a good driver, a 5spd can be just as consistant, and raising the stall speed of the car is a good step in getting better launches in an auto, first, better clutch and such, i'd do the more obvious before raising hte stall speed, mines 2k for stock, i dont plan on modding the car much, but if for some reason i end up doing so, i plan to raise it up to about 27oo or so

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”