Altima newbie with a few questions on mods, build quality, etc...

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
gccambridge
Car: Altimate S 6mt Sedan, 2008

Hello everyone,

I am proud owner of a dark slate, 2008 Altima 2.5S Sedan 6mt. Have had it for a couple of months and have found the Nico Forums to be a great resource! Am very happy with the car (this is actually my second Altima... I owned a 1999).

So far, mods have included an E&G Classic mesh grill, Momo shift knob, 18 inch 7 spoke alloy wheels with G-Force 235/50/18 tires, and K&N drop in filter. Will post pics a soon as Eibachs are installed!

Had a few quick questions:

1) Rattles! Any usual culprits for dash rattles (seem to be coming from the front speakers and sometimes behind the center stack). I'm a bit surprised by this (my friend's TSX is totally buttoned down and I came from a Land Rover LR3 that didn't have such noticeable dash rattles! Also, my 1999 Altima was not like this...). I've taken it to my dealer who wasn't that helpful... Will be trying another one...

2) Is there any cure for the whistling sound by the driver's door mirror that happens as soon you hit 40mph and above? Of course, dealer has said that every car does that (which I actually kinda believe, probably just a peculiarity with this car's aerodynamics), but was curious if folks might have found some adjustment to make this go away.

3) Can anyone in the metro Boston area recommend installers for:-- Eiback pro kit-- Leather seat covers

Thanks everyone!

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”