Altima: Install the Stillen Front Strut Tower Bar

Troubleshooting, DIY's, How-To's and articles about all Nissan vehicles. Non-vehicle specific "General" How-To and tech information is also here.
dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

So my new Stillen Strut tower brace came in and I was excited as hell to install it. At first I wasn't going to do a full write up on it since Stillen's instructions are pretty clear but also includes the the instructions to install it on the 09 Maxima but I know that there are people out there who are not as mechanically inclined so I decided to put one together real quick. Here are the tools you'll need:

- 13mm socket (6 point)- 15mm Socket (6 point)- 8mm hex wrench

The first thing that you'll need to do is to identify which plate goes to what side. Once you've identified them you'll need to loosen 1 bolt and remove the other 2 bolt with the 13mm socket as shown in the pic.

Once that's done, pry up the black plate and slip the silver plate under neath it and line up the holes. Reinstall the two bolts but only hand tighten them. repeat on the other side.

Once the other side is complete install the brace between the two plates using the 2 bolts, washers and nuts that are provided. You'll need to use the 8mm hex wrench for this as well as the 15mm socket. Once it's tighten down, use the 13mm socket to go back and tighten down the bolts on the plates.

That's it! Now enjoy your new Strut tower Brace. As you can see it's thick as heck! 5/8" thick! Thanks Stillen for yet another quality product!!

Originally posted by Dangeris

Return to “Nissan Articles”