Altima Exhaust Question

All things Altima Coupe.
pakicoupe
Car: 08' Silver Altima Coupe 3.5

guys i have a 3.5 coupe and so far i have the injen intake and an 04 350z mufler because my frnd got him a full catback so i bought it for 50 bucks and it sounds lot better than stock but i was curious how i cud make it lil louder nd drone perhapsmaybe a downpipe or bigger pipes??wat do u guys suggest and how much money wud i be looking at if any ideas..where could i find anything i tried ebay it didnt work for me

any help will be appreciated

chow
Car: Altima coupe 3.5SE

Buy a whole exhaust system. You spent enough on the car, dont just throw on muffler tips and make it louder.. Get the power out of it!

Loop
Car: only nissan cars

If your just going for sound, get an axle back.

D-Roll
Car: 08 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe

Im not really trying to make my car the fastest so I was contemplating the axle back. You can always get the midpipe later on from what Stillen told me.

generic808
Car: 08 Infiniti G35S
10 Infiniti EX35

I don't know the configuration of your car from underneath, but if you could somehow squeeze an X-pipe in your exhaust, you'll get a big increase in sound increase. Or you could remove the resonators.

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Loop wrote:If your just going for sound, get an axle back.
I don't agree with that statement. There's only a 3HP difference between the Stillen axle back and cat-back according to Andy whom I spoke with at Stillen. Difference in price is about $300.00 so that's a $100 per HP.

Not sure what the Nismo is or other Exhausts out there are or if they come in two different flavors like Stillens...

Could someone else chime in and shed some light on this?

chow
Car: Altima coupe 3.5SE

I guess when your getting bigger pipes you need a bigger catback to stop all the fumes. With that being said, the stillen cat back is probably a bit larger then stalk but still restricts air because its a cat back. If your looking at HP wise then yah, its not very useful but if you think about the environment then get the cat as well.

generic808
Car: 08 Infiniti G35S
10 Infiniti EX35

chow wrote:I guess when your getting bigger pipes you need a bigger catback to stop all the fumes. With that being said, the stillen cat back is probably a bit larger then stalk but still restricts air because its a cat back. If your looking at HP wise then yah, its not very useful but if you think about the environment then get the cat as well.

The catalytic converters are not touched with the installation of a cat-back exhaust. The aftermarket exhaust runs from the catalytic converter back; hence the name, "cat-back". It's illegal to remove the cat in all 50 US states.

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

generic808 wrote:The catalytic converters are not touched with the installation of a cat-back exhaust. The aftermarket exhaust runs from the catalytic converter back; hence the name, "cat-back". It's illegal to remove the cat in all 50 US states.
duuuhhhh

glozaeta
Car: 2007 Altima 3.5SE

"stalk"

LOL

friggin english majors over here

but seriously.. I don't know anything about these but maybe someone could tell me how the sound (quality and volume) would be different in stillen and nismo (maybe borla too, i dont know )since one splits to 2 pipes running out of - i think thats the cat? - and the other is a single....
Modified by glozaeta at 4:57 PM 1/23/2008

streetracer33r
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE (Red) Mods- Injen Short ram Intake. futur mods- Greddy TI-C exhaust w

so the 04 350Z muffler will fit the 3.5 SE with not mods to any mounts?

pakicoupe

i took it to friends mufler shop and we had to modify to fit on the coupe only thing we had to stretch the tips out lil more so they fit! took about 30 mins and it sounded a lot better than stock and for just 50 bucks! i have injen intake so i jus want it to drone lil more nd the exhaust to be a lil deeper headers will help once they come out for the coupe u guys say?

Hussain
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5se CVT

i went to my local muffler shop and he did a cat-back for $100. i kept the stock muffler cuz i wasn't sure what exhaust to go with (this was before stillen and Nismo exhaust came out). it made my stock muffler a little louder, not much though. the car also felt a little quicker. it gets rid of the little "kink" in the pipe. plus later if you decide to go with another set up later, you'll already have the cat-back.

almost forgot! can you post some vids?

pakicoupe

Heres a clip i made earlier tonighti'll try to post a better one later on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n43YMZm1fGc

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Sounds freakin' Awesome Man! And you probably didn't spend as much on the exhaust as I did on my stillen. You need to post up oics of how it looks on the car. Does the tips stick out or are they about the same where the stock one was at? Post up!!!!

pakicoupe

here u r people i got a decent video of it this time..enjoy and let me know what do u guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GboAJjMbErg

johnny_d
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe V6 SE w/ CVT

sounds pretty good to me, can u do a drive away, or drive by

glozaeta
Car: 2007 Altima 3.5SE

sounds nice... and the price is right too.

stereoca

That sounds really good, very G35 like in my opinion, the kind of sound alot of people here are trying to achieve. Were any modifications necessary to install the exhaust?

pakicoupe

The tips do stick out a little as you can see in the 2nd video but thats really up to u on how much u want to have them stick out! and we got it on there no problem but like i said only thing we had to do was extend the tips out so they fit properly...another thing i also took the resonator too and had that little piece mounted on too the entire thing wouldnt fit so we cut that piece out and replaced with original.. both were off an 04 Z!

AltiCoupeDriver
Car: 2008 3.5 SE Nissan Altima Coupe

Sounds really nice PakiCoupe! This looks like it could be my answer to a cheaper exhaust, either this or spring for an axle back. It'd be great if you could get more vids driving away/take off or something. THANKS!

shift_mikey
Car: 2008 Altima 3.5SE Coupe w/CVT

I'm willing to bet that the stillen axle back sounds significantly different then the full cat back. Reason being, the cat back adds a resonator to the exhaust system that it didn't have before. Axle back obviously wouldn't add that.

ReviT
Car: 2006 VBP Acura RSX-S

Ok so i have a Altima 2.5s where i went out and bought the stillen axle-back. Didnt really like how quiet the car stayed and talked to stillen about purchasing the rest of the piping for the full cat. They said they couldn't do it so i went down to the muffler shop had them throw on the rest of the piping from my split pipe for the dual exhaust up to my cat. I ran it at 2.5 inches and got rid of the resonator. It cost me a hundred bucks to do it and its sounds AMAZING... Especially since i put the injen CAI in its sounds even better. If i can ill definately take some videos of how it sounds for you guys but my suggestion would be to run about 3inch piping cause u have the v6 get rid of the resonator you will free up alot of restriction and it will sound 100 times better

pakicoupe

yea by the way i heard the stillen catback..sounds like a total waste of money! if u gone pay tht much for an exhaust that doesnt even sound good and u have to spend another $100 to make it rite y not settle for the nismo i heard it. that 1 sounds gr8

ursus
Car: 07 3.5SE 6MT Sedan

Wow that is Money.

leif927
Car: Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5S

pakicoupe wrote:yea by the way i heard the stillen catback..sounds like a total waste of money! if u gone pay tht much for an exhaust that doesnt even sound good and u have to spend another $100 to make it rite y not settle for the nismo i heard it. that 1 sounds gr8
He got the axel back...not the cat back...the cat back you don't need to spend an extra $100 to make it right cuz it already has the cat to split piping...hence why you are spending an extra 200-250 on the cat back vs the axel back...and if you were to get the axel back and spend the extra $100 for the cat to split pipe, it still would come out cheaper than the cat back AND the nismo...that's the option i'm gonna go for when i get the $$$ to do it...from what i heard, the stillen is fine and with the custom piping sans resonator, it should sound mean...hopefully...

ReVit, can you post the videos for your stillen with the custom cat to split pipe so we can hear it...

pakicoupe

my correction i meant the stillen axle back! but ive heard the stillen catbackhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr8OVD4W8Mctheres no exhaust sound it sucks!!!and i meant if u were to pay like 700 for stillen y not 100 more or w.e and get nismo which sounds gr8!

AltiCoupeDriver
Car: 2008 3.5 SE Nissan Altima Coupe

Your best bet would be the Nismo, it's list price is $960, but the dealer offered it to me at $780. Its pretty comparable to the Stillen in price, and you don't have to pay shipping. You could wait to hear what the exhaust GReddy is developing sounds like.

adam1316
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 CVT

I just purchased the 2008 altima 3.5 cvt, what would be the best exhast to buy under $900. I just want a solid sound thats deep and sounds good. I have no idea about this kind of stuff. Please help!

SHIFT_CR
Car: 08' Altima Coupe 2.5s

Will the 350z exhaust fit on the 2.5?

If so, is this the only part I need?

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”