altima coupe proper break-in questions

All things Altima Coupe.
JVLeGa
Car: 08' Precision Grey 2.5 Alti Coupe w/Premium Pkg.

I can't seem to access the two other threads on this, when i searched within the forum. They said that it was "invalid" when i tried to access it.

If anyone can post a link to it that i can access or shed some light on how to break in the new engine, it would be most appreciated.

From this site, http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm it says that a hard break-in what you have to do

..and a lot of other sites as well as some different forums say easy-break in or don't elaborate enough on what i need to do

so far, i have put 300ish miles on the car.. in like two days, it's crazy.. to me. The odometer reads in the low 400's because the dealer gave it to me with 113 miles on.. in my opinion that seems to be alot, iunno, what do you guys think? about the 113 miles as well as what i gotta do for break in

``thanks

leifab
Car: 2011 370z Touring sport

I got my coupe with over 900 miles on it. The manager from the dealership it came from used it as his daily for about a month to get a feel for it.

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

12-1500 miles is what i heard

generic808
Car: 08 Infiniti G35S
10 Infiniti EX35

I believe the owners manual said 1200.

spockrock
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5se

I did an easy break in for about 3000km, shifted below 4000RPM. I dunno, I can see points for both arguments.

JVLeGa
Car: 08' Precision Grey 2.5 Alti Coupe w/Premium Pkg.

spockrock wrote:I did an easy break in for about 3000km, shifted below 4000RPM. I dunno, I can see points for both arguments.
Driving it (from day one) like ur gonna drive it everyday after, seems most reasonable to me.

I have been doin' a lil bit of both, but i really agree with not keeping it at constant speeds, i gotta variate the mph's as well as the rev's.

~as for what was said earlier, i have rev'd to and mebbe a lil over 4,000 rpms so i really hope i'm not screwing nething up.. hope someone can shed some more light on the issue.

Generic and LBC, what did you do, easy or hard break in, don't think you answered that..

tho the dealer says, easy break-in, i don't whether to buy into that, neways if anyone has any other insights, post them..

thanks..

Rmuth25
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 2.5s CVT [Premium & Tech Packages]

I just simply took it easy the first 2k miles. No flooring it, no superfast driving etc. I also did the oil change at 3 months, about 2500 miles. Im planning on doing the next oil change at like 5500, and then Ill be switching over to full synthetic. After that Ill probably change it at 10500 and send it in for an oil analysis.

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

I'm guessing Ill probably find out that 5000 miles is way to early to change it with synthetic. But ill sleep better at night knowing the proper interval.

Just a cool little story for you guys that I just heard for the first time from my dad. He had like a 1980 pontiac something(it was a sedan) which he used full snythetic(Mobil 1) from the get go. With like 100k on it my dad was doing something with the carburater and somehow broke something within the engine. (and no my dad isnt an idiot when it comes to cars, hes actually pretty good..mistakes happen). Anyway, the mechanics took the entire engine apart and said that they have never seen an engine so clean. They said it looked like it only had like 10k miles on it.

Rmuth25
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 2.5s CVT [Premium & Tech Packages]

oh, and 1980 was the peak of when General Motors BUILT cars to break.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”