Altima Coupe Passenger Seat Won't Lock Into Place

All things Altima Coupe.
elchux81
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

This is my first post, but I've had my coupe for 2 years now and have recently encountered this problem. The manual passenger seat is not locking into place. It slides all the way up and locks or slides all the way back and locks. I noticed the plastic pieces on the end of the tracks fell off and I think those keep the rails and tracks aligned, however, the teeth that lock the rail into place look bent. Is this serviceable or do I need to buy a whole new seat?

-Thanks in advance!

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Welcome to NICO!

The seat itself should be fine. What you'll need to really look at is the sliders. I don't have my Altima anymore so I can't quickly go look at the assembly and refresh my memory. But, if I remember correctly, it's not a part on the actual seat. It's either the latch on the seat or the sliders that are mounted into the floor.

Pictures always help - you can upload them to photobucket or something and link them here. Easier for us to help you diagnose it when we can see it too.

Let us know what you find!

Srhodes2020
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 6-Speed Manual

I am having the same issue with my 2008 coupe. Only difference is the seat will not lock at ALL anymore!! Can someone please post a link on here on where I can find and purchase the seat slides as well as a link to some instructions on how to change them. Im even open to reading instructions on here if anyone wants to type that much info. I have tried to find it but have not had any luck. Thanks in advance! :wavey:

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”