Altima, Camry, or Accord

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
steelvulture
Car: 1996 J30t 85k

I'm gonna try posting here but not sure if anyone will ever see this. I have a question concerning which would be a better car. My dad is thinking about getting one of these for my younger sister. I don't know about the Camry or Accord, but what we are looking at for the Altima is no earlier than the 2002 style (my sister likes the newer styling versus the older) with the 2.5 inline 4. I would like to know how it compares in performance, reliability, features, etc. I would also like to know which one thieves tend to go after (I've never really heard much about the Altima). I trying to point my dad toward the Altima being the Nissan/Infiniti fan (drive a '96 J30t myself). Opinions and links would help (don't feel like searching at the moment). If someone does reply, thanks (since this seems to be a pretty empty board).

f8sjester

all 3 are good cars to get but it seems like the camry isn't quite in the same league as the altima or accord. the camry is larger and more suited for a family sedan. with the amount of sound dampening and what not, it's probably the smoothest riding of the 3. but, of course, that comes at a premium. the toyota logo adds a couple of grand extra to the price tag.

the accord and altima seem like they're pretty close in comparison. both have recieved high marks in most every category and I doubt you'd go wrong with either. though the 4 cylinder accord seems a bit lacking in power (hondas are notoriously lacking in torque). I'd try to go for the V6 if at all possible.

just my humble opinion though

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

My 2002 Altima is a really great car!I have the 3.5se Auto.The V6 has lots of power.The 2.5 is a goood motor as well.Go for the Nissan they are the BEST!;)

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

ive driven both a gazillion times, and if ur gonna get the 4cyl go with the altima. As far as reliability and such, u really can't go wrong with either car (the accord and altima that is) but the altima is clearly the athletic car of hte bunch. The accord is a nice mixture of all things needed, and hte altima leans a lil more toward sportiness while hte camry leans more toward the 'typical' family sedan

Return to “Altima General Discussions”