Altima aftermarket HID installation without bumper removal

Troubleshooting, DIY's, How-To's and articles about all Nissan vehicles. Non-vehicle specific "General" How-To and tech information is also here.
SHIFT_COUPE
Car: 2014 Infiniti Q50 AWD

First, always disconnect the negative terminal of the battery when working with power

Remove wheels. Always chock your back tires for safety.

Underneath the bumper, there are 3 screws on each side which need to be removed. Not the clips, just the screws.

Inside the well, you'll find about 8-9 clips that have to be removed. Remove by using flathead screwdriver and wedging the pins up, once exposed, pull out.

Carefully pull out wheel lining (2 pieces) exposing the space behind the headlight housing.

This is what you'll see at this point.

Remove stock bulb by disconnecting harness and twisting counter-clockwise, making sure NOT to touch the bulb in case you need to use it again.

Put new HID bulb in place by inserting and twisting clockwise until it locks in place.

Connect harness to new bulb.

Now connect bulbs to ballasts.

Find a place to mount the ballasts.

For mounting on the passenger side I used two existing holes in the frame where I ran wire ties through. Tied the mounting plate against the frame and that was it. The pic above is where I mounted the driver's side. It's on the frame also; I just used ties.

Just reverse the process with the shield, clips and screws. After putting everything back, mount wheel and lower the car. Reconnect the battery terminal and there you go

Writeup by generic808

Return to “Nissan Articles”