altima 94 won't start

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
rancer
Car: van down by the river

ok but it will. if it sits for like 3 days.

some info. used to do this. seemed to flood. would sit overnight then restart. would smell like gas. well, it did this time cause its the only time i been around. but people said it flooded. sit overnight. this time, it smelled like gas. i took the spark plugs out. wet.

ok, so things i done. compression checked 2 of the cylinders. the rest of the plugs looked fine. they where fine. replaced, wires, plugs, distrubtor cap, button. still didnt start the next day. car quit one day, wouldnt start back. happened before. next day, didnt start. done those things. still didnt start. well, the next day it started. it ran for about 5 minutes, then quit. like flooded out i guess. would always smell like gas. sayign this, smelsl like gas thing, its going to be mentioned later.

so i thoguht maybe, the cataltic converter was stopped up. i cut alittle hole before it, and the car sort of started. would start, but laggy throttle, or it would kill it. ..
then i thought, the pcv valve. got that done, car started. idled not worth a crap, but started, and ran as long as you gave it gas. idle was too crappy. but you gave it gas, and it either, tried to bog and then cleared up and went. or it went. after about 15 minutes, it actaully idled a little on its own. so i done some stuff, checkeing.

ok i cut off the return fuel line, hearing that would increase rpms if uhhh, it was clogged up, or if it had an air leak. nothing happenned.
i sprayed carb cleaner, around the intake, near the back. to check for leaks. car was ilding weird anyway, and i dont think nothing was happenning. car sort of acted weird near the 1st piston, but i think it was because it was idlign weird, and just had a little weird, it didnt overidle, just seemed to idle smoothly, for like a second. or ..
then that was stupid, it caught on fire. the engine was hot. blew it out. waited like 15 minutes. it wouldnt start. it kind of will, did startup once. but just the throttle if you held it, it would bog it out. and if you let off it was laggy, after you let off, it revved up. some.

hardly will start. seems to hit a little if you hold the gas while cranking it. ehh. i chcecked for broken vacuum diagphrams on egr, checked egr see if it was clogged. no. diaphram on fuel regulator is fine, and some ufo thing below the thing over from the egr, heading, to the left side oft eh car from it. below that thing from the left of it, down lower, black says nissan on top. looks like a ufo. no vacuum cuts there.

checked rotor with 1st cylinder tdc. lined up. so dont think its untimed. and it just ran for 20 minutes the other day.

anyone, kow anything i could do to figure out whats' wrong?
thanks

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

It might be a good idea to get hold of the FSM and follow the trouble shooting steps in there

An intermittent electric fuel pump drove me crazy, covered me with gas while replacing it on my back under it in front of an auto parts store many years ago on my 74 Mazda Rotory RX4

Good luck

Telcoman

rancer
Car: van down by the river

woopty doo.

hey maybe y9u can be unhelpful like everybody else. heres a few things ive found out about people especially on the interne where they can run their mouths and lie to people. i wouldnt take NOBODYS advice on the internet on something like a machine. cause your all ***holes trying to f*** everybody over to get money off them. f*** up their s*** so they come crawling to your damn business. ill be in there to beat youf ufkcing head.

hey yea replacement for paper engine case half gaskets. this might be more to do with motorcycle bikes. stuff like that. but. what liquid gasket was made to replace a paper gasket on bikes. like the 70's bikes had paper gaskets, the early 80's. then some bikes started using liquid. whats the right s*** to get? its NOT HONDABOND 4. that stuff ive got it, is like spiderweb silk.

not the right stuff. its not the equalivanet of it either 3bond 1136 or wtv in the f***. either.

anyone feel like helping tune a carburetor. oh ive got to see it. ya figures ou dont know s*** im trying to know how to tune it, so i can manually adjust MY f*** s*** WITH NO HELP FROM YOU GUYS OR ANYONE ELSE> find me a f*** forum that wont sell off their f*** chinese OKO f*** carbs while nothing else will ever work, or what is a this part of the carb. or no helping with throttle position and jets.

what would i do. you dumbasses most dont know and dont give me no s***. y8ou where asked to help.

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”