Altima 2 Spec V

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
nlzmo400r
Car: cars

i was curious how dumb this souded: i have an o2 altima (qr25de) and want a spec v, if my old man lets me, i was looking into trading my altima in for a spec v, (instead of modding my altima ill jus start with the spec v) (i bought the car in dec o1 and have 4year loan), i was wondering if this is REALLY that dumb financially and if the spec v is really THAT much cooler (ive sat in em and the interior isnt as nice as my altima, but i love the styling and 6spd) than the altima much faster?, cuz it will be one hell of a hassle to go through all of this, but ive always wanted a spec v, and wondering if it was feasible:rolleyes :confused:

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

nizmo

I like the SPEC V quite a bit, but the 2k2 Altima is a very cool car in its own right.roomier too.

Fred...:)

nlzmo400r

palmerwmd wrote:nizmo

I like the SPEC V quite a bit, but the 2k2 Altima is a very cool car in its own right.roomier too.

Fred...:)
i know, good points (ive always like the alimtas interior better by far, and the ladies seem to agree :D ) anyway, i jus kinda wanted something a lil more sporty, and i didnt know how much difference was between the two, thanx for replyin tho

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

Make sure if you trade in your Altima that you don’t become "upside down" in your loan. Some dealerships will make you finance the difference between what you owe and what the car is worth. Then a $20K car becomes more expensive. You really have to ask yourself also; if you mod your Spec V are you ready to nullify your warranty? I personally would just keep your Altima. Do a few performance mods that will not void your warranty and really learn how to drive the car. Then 3 years down the line when you have paid off your Altima, trade it in for a car that will be an upgrade in performance for you.

blackaltima
Car: cars, computers

Modifying the Spec V would be easier than the Alty, NISMO is said to have performance parts for the Spec V. Aftermarket manufacturers are soon to follow. Hmmm... sport compact or sport sedan... I prefer the Altima. I like to drive my lady around in style and with class.

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

Wow what a hard decision to make.I say get both! :thinker Ok I know im an azz to be rubbing it in.I got my Altima 1st in Feb 2002 and was so pleased with it I had to have the Spec V(july 02)!Bud brought up some really good points about your loan.Its not a good idea to owe mor than a car is worth even if it is a Nissan.(BTW: I recomend Gap insurance if you can get it)Hang on to your Altima for a bit and try to pay it off early(make payments early and or /pay more than the payment if you can)Once you get some equity in your car then look at selling or trading it for something else.Thats how I got to the point now where im what I call "above the payment".I will never have all my cars paid off because im a car whore!I could be looking to sell my SE-R to you in a few months if I decide to try and get a WRX.

Things I like about the Spec V ofer the Altima.Driving "style" 6-speed(even if 1st and 2nd are too short)Sound (muffler)Good up grades are there (if I ever get some $$$)

Things I like about the Altima over the Spec VLooksfit and finishheated leather seats:bshake traction controlAuto (its good after driving the Spec V for several days in a row)

Good Luck with this one.Would some pics help?

nlzmo400r

thanx to all of yall for all the good advice, i think im set on keeping my altima, and yea the spec v does have more mods, but the mojority of hte mods fit the altima as well, so i guess ill keep my altima, when i went to nissan for my oil change today, i wondered into a yellow spec v, (same one as last time) and the interior, i could live with, but i dunno, happy with my altima, and i was drooling over the 350Zs, and i had Larry 'Love' Hamilton (thats actually what it said on the card) try to talk me into one, i sat in it, started it up and revved it, AWESOME car, and i also went to honda (let the flamming begin) and looked at the s2ooo, which was 3 grand more than a middle grade 350z, and decided if im going to spend 30k ish on a car, im gettin the 350 over an s2ooo for sure. Also, the civic si, ugly, they wanted almost 20k for it, weak power,(power band is about as long as my hair is wide), and the tiburon just didnt do anything for me, pretty cool looking car, like the dual exhaust, other than that, not what im looking for, so i think ill take the smart road and keep my altima and mod it lightly, thanx a million tho guys, for settin me straight, but go figure, i still have an infatuation with 240s

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”