Altezza RS200 Swapped 240SX

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
David s12
Car: 84 datsun s12 ka24 swap

Hello,
North Va resident, Toyota Technician performing a Altezza Rs200 swap into my stockish 240sx & id like to post a build so its viewable from google searches etc since Facebook is sort of private for all you dudes looking for the info here you go!!

240SX S14, 250k miles, got her off a trade from my old sr20 S13 a couple years ago. had a bad head gasket, replaced the head, had timing guide failures, removed and replaced, radiator crapped, heater core crapped, and then 50k later low oil pressure on startup is becoming worse and I'm just tired of working for a stock KA.

i own two 1jz cars already for track use and this is my constant daily driver, engine options came to mind and even a replacement KA but since i don't see the point of rebuilding / removing from car and having down time. i don't need a 1jz to daily, nor an sr20, and the cost is quite high and I'm sort of a cheap a**, and KA's are getting pricey wtf!

so anyways, stopped by the importer and i had two cheap choices. NA Sr20DE 1000$ or Beams 3sge 900$. I picked the beams it has always been somewhat of a mystery to me and since its a yamaha inspired motor i figured it would be worth a good stab.

here she is on the stand @ work in November, i quickly ordered a celica intake, a maf, and an altezza DP from eBay and stuff after some research. i did replace t belt, various gaskets, removed pan, removed manifolds, cleaned valves, thermostat, crank seals, most of the obvious stuff you do like spark plugs etc.

i went into the parts department and ordered a 22R pickup clutch disk and slapped it onto the stock flywheel and Plate. looks good lets swing it 80$ there is two part #'s i think i got the older model, idk roll the dice.

got in contact with Xcessive after hearing about S13 mount brackets for 240sx. waited a few months and yay i ended up with brackets and mount. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH MOUNTS MAKE YOUR OWN I HAD TO MODIFY THESE!!! the brackets were, MEH too, they need to work on the design but it motivated me at the time to do the swap. the transmission mount bracket is a modified 1jz bracket all holes slotted to accommodate the j160 rubber stock mount. it worked

i removed the pictures because I'm too lazy to resize that BS, its 2019 jeez.

cheap fuel solution to retain my stock lines. WIX 58 psi amazon fuel regulator. don't cheap out on this part the cheap ones can fail. this runs my motor but fuel pressure is supposed to be 64 psi soo00, maybe just run a regulator and return. the rail has 3 ports luckily

wiring info courtesy of kyle turnage , for torque pro and 02 sensor. also ecu pinout does exist.

like the 1jz, i came across having to power up some extra crap off these plugs, like the MAF COILS INJECTORS and Alt. sensor wire to get charge working. this is on top of wiring those right hand side pins to power ecu like 1jz

tire ole ka

Beams, and my sweet toolbox. awaiting install

Corolla AE86 Koyo Beams swap radiator .. yea boi this puts the coolant hoses on the drivers side and has a fan switch bung, and is cake to install. modify lower rad bracket by enlarging holes. i just blindly say f*** it and order s***. also ordered a GS300 ECU box to run ecu in bay as designed originally.

commence swap on my 3 day weekend off. i spend roughly 30 hours figuring s*** out and fitting here in and walla, she runs. and no thanks to the excessively over designed mount kit which threw me through a hurdle, but hey sometimes you got to be the test bunny. i think the "s13" kit is perfected. dunno why s14 had to be "angled" different cause that was f***.

yea this shifter fits really good. yay

subframe fitment pix

fuel

PS lines direct bolt in!!! used 240 banjo bolt i believe too

bye bye

brainBOX

startup video
[yt]MEo90QxIOGk[/yt]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEo90QxIOGk

yes the J160 6 speed stock beams trans is a W58 21 spline yoke! about 51 3/8ths inches long but do your own measurements. shaft masters aluminum was 380$ shipped.

corolla rad and corolla fans

YES i had to modify 1 bank around the steering shaft. not so bad.

wired in some relays that are activated off something off the lower harness. i chopped my ka harness to retain the f3 plug and essentials like oil pressure, start switch, and wipers. key on power source has to also work while cranking. found the power source somewhere on the side of the fuse box

also install mishimoto fan controller using the a/c fan relay plug as a power source for turn on there is constant 12 volts or key on whichever you prefer, i have constant 12 volts so my fan runs after shutting off till cool

honeycomb mod air straightener, beams are picky motors.

cleaned a bit

checked fuel pressure
[YT]KJZFCuVSqv0[/YT]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJZFCuVSqv0

thats it for now. more to come . maybe. my fingers are sore but hopefully someone will get inspired. a major point of this swap was to share it with you guys as an under 3000$ swap all parts included. highly doable and turbo / its / charge capable. iron block, 8k rpms, titanium valves, 6 speed, timing belt, toyota, hell yea.

thanks so much for reviewing my build, i really appreciate it!

started a Facebook 240sx beams swap page find it for more info or others interested if u want
-David Bellomo

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

That's a whole lot of stuff going on in 1 thread!
Looks like the end product came out pretty good so far.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

Very nice, my dude! I'm not up in NOVA very often, but maybe one day I'll see you driving around.

teck240sx
Car: S13 Coupe

Glad to see someone else doing the Beams swap and yea looks like you got sold BMW E30 Mounts since they don't offer S13. I bought the RA21 Celica mounts and just modified them to work and my engine sits about the same height as yours. Good heads up on Shaftmasters too, The Driveshaft Shop quoted me $500 for a steel shaft

Return to “240sx General Discussion”