alternator removal... please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
garthog
Car: 2002 nissan altima 2.5s (Full Stillen Exhaust, Stillen QR-Pro, Upgraded E.C.U., Stillen High-Flow in

first of all... i'm an aircraft mechanic, not a car guy so don't poke fun if this is a simple task!!!!! i have an 02 altima and just bought headers. how do u get the belt to loosen and release from the alternator.

terrormaschine
Car: 2003 Altima 2.5s

first off you have to disconnect the negative wire from the battery and you might want to disconnect wires from the alternator too.. after all that there should be a bolt connected to a bracket to the engine thats also bolted on the alternator, loosen the bolt to where you can rock the alternator back and forth to loosen to where you want it.. do not take the bolt completely off it could be a huge headache if the belt comes off any of the pullys. so when done just use a pry bar to set it back into place and tighten bolts. i hope this helped and good luck.

garthog
Car: 2002 nissan altima 2.5s (Full Stillen Exhaust, Stillen QR-Pro, Upgraded E.C.U., Stillen High-Flow in

thanks a lot dude!

terrormaschine
Car: 2003 Altima 2.5s

no problem.. just let me know if it helped

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”