/////ALPINE Security?

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
SR20DET240
Car: Um... cars

Is this the 1st security related post? Woohoo I feel special :pface

Anyway,

Picked up my new y2k3 Alpine Catalog and noticed that they make security systems. I guess they have been for a while.

Linkage:

http://ecominet2.alpine-usa.co...in=40

Thats the top end one. It only retails for $170!!!

They got cool features, such as:-included radar and shock sensors-optional digital pager-optional audio interface (control your alpine deck through the alarm remote from outside of the car)

Whats the deal with these things? Undiscovered gold, or suprising that Alpine would put their name on it?

Thanks!

Simmsled
Car: TSI GTI - E46 325i

Great alarms, I used to have a Viper alarm on my Cavalier (also great alarm), but the Alpine I have now has really cool features that they discontinued, probably because people were not buying $700 alarms... Alpine knows their stuff when it comes to alarms. There just isn't as much profit (margin) in Alpine alarms as opposed to alarms made by DEI (Directed Electronics Inc.) such as Hornet, Viper, Sidewinder, and Valet System.

SR20DET240
Car: Um... cars

Okay, thats what I was hoping to hear. I was looking at a Viper Alarm and my local shop wanted $300 and would install it for free. They are also one of the few authorized alpine dealers around here so, they should be able to do an Alpine for me.

I guess you are right about the $700 alarms going out of style. I found a few on the web that had some really extensive features, LCD remotes, etc. but they were all discontinued.

For $170, this 150R is a smokin deal!!!

Kinesthesia

My Alpine doesn't have any fancy features... except that it has stopped my s*** from getting stolen TWICE.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”