all Y33 owners i need help......

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
95jdmej1
Car: 95 jdm honda civic

okay so this might be weird but i am usually on a website call Honda-Tech.com but i decided to join this website because im lookin to get a 1997-2001 q45 so i need alot of pics and all the bad stuff about this car.... i already know the good...... i was gonna buy another honda but i used to have a 1997 maxima and i miss it so i figured get something better..... i have put alot of money in my honda and you can find it at all the jdm car shows in socal..... i will be going VIP style on this y33 when i get it.... but before i get this car and drop all kinds of money into it i want to know what im getting into.... SO ALL THEY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRICIATED!!!!!

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

PLease search, there is a thread, probably on the 2nd page of this forum, all about Y33 stuff.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

95jdmej1 wrote:SO ALL THEY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRICIATED!!!!!
So help thyself by reading some of the previous posts, including all by Q45tech.

NO NEED TO SHOUT HERE as most of us can read lower case.

Thanks.

BlueC
Car: 2000 Infiniti Q45t AE

95jdmej1 wrote:okay so this might be weird but i am usually on a website call Honda-Tech.com but i decided to join this website because im lookin to get a 1997-2001 q45 so i need alot of pics and all the bad stuff about this car.... i already know the good...... i was gonna buy another honda but i used to have a 1997 maxima and i miss it so i figured get something better..... i have put alot of money in my honda and you can find it at all the jdm car shows in socal..... i will be going VIP style on this y33 when i get it.... but before i get this car and drop all kinds of money into it i want to know what im getting into.... SO ALL THEY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRICIATED!!!!!
Coming from a previous 4th gen owner (99 maxima), the Y33 is a NICE upgrade. You'll love everything about it. You wont regret the move at all.

95jdmej1

i dont want to search and read 80 pages of conversation i just wanted to get the quick few bad things and some pics..... cause i did search and i think i saw the same 4 q45's about 5 times so maybe some people have added to their cars........

99q45t_vl
Car: Grey 2014 QX60
Dark Green 99 Q45t - gone

95jdmej1 wrote:i dont want to search and read 80 pages of conversation
BTW you get this information for FREE.

95jdmej1

99q45t_vl wrote:
BTW you get this information for FREE.
what do you mean?..... well its all good if you guys dont want to help me out man i just figured after reading some pages that you guys might be able to fill me in on the lil stuff like the susp. or maybe how the tranny is after so many miles ..... stuff like that so i dont have to worry about it

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

Okay, here is the short and sweet. You can look for a 97-01 Q. Depending on your budget you can now get a 97 pretty cheap but the miles are getting high. I have a 97 with 83k on it, I bought i second hand in 2000. I have had zero problems with the car. The 98 was virtually the same car but they did fix two issues, one the put back in the famous analog clock and the put more than one trip meter. These cars come in standard and touring, if you like spirited driving find a Touring. The 99' touring get 17" rims and an adjustable suspention, and than on to the 2000 where you can get an Anniversary Edtion which as alot of goodies like Navigation, power rear shade, and a wood steering wheel.

All of the models have the same 4.1 liter 32 valve engine with variable valve timing. The engine is strong, not as strong as the previous 4.5 but the car is lighter. There are debates back and forth on the board about the 90-96 versus the 97-01. I think if you want trouble free find something below 50-60 in a 97-01 and you will like it alot.

If you liike to trick out your car you can do it but it takes a bit of work. With the help of several board members you can get high-performance shocks, lower springs, and spiffy new grills. You can of course find a variety of bigger rims, this year can swallow up 20" no problem, it can use nearly all the bigger OEM rims until 2006 and also improve the handling.

The highpoints of this car is the engine is smooooth as can be, the seats are very comfortable, the ride is nice, it looks very cool IMHO, the stock radio/CD is much better than average stock, and it looks like a luxury car you can pull up to an expensive restaurant with your lady, give it to the valet and it looks like you dropped 50k on a car. Also, if the car has been taken care of you will have very few problems with the car.

The minus, trunk is kind of small although it is a very usable shape, the gas mileage isn't going to be something you'll brag about (I get about 20) and you cannot find high performance replacement parts too easy. Oh, and the guys with the 90-96 on this board will always remind you how there cars are better, but us 2nd gen guys are starting to really gang up on them. Lots of satisfied owners.

But a final note, remmeber this is a 50k car new, so when you need parts this is not a Maxima or a Honda, so you can expect to spend more to keep the car in good shape.

The most important thing about buying one of these is check to see if they person before you took care of it and can prove it. Check out the Sticky at the top, just one thread and you can find out eveything about it.

If you have any further questions e-mail me [email protected] and we'll setup a call and I'll walk you through it. Also, when you find some potential rides run them by us and we'll help you figure out a good deal.

95jdmej1

damn you just told me everything i needed to know...... thank you very much..... i cant believe you covered every single thing..... now i found a 98 i believe in the auto trader for 4500 i cant remember all the details but that really seems to good to be true...... and the whole part about droping off the car at valet and lookin like you got out of a luxury car is the whole reason why im getting this other wise i would just build another honda...... thanks again man and ill keep your info

Rex
Car: None

Welcome to NICO, I hope you enjoy your time here. Your first impression may not have been the best, but if you take the time to hang out, you'll find the people and information are both here to help.
95jdmej1 wrote:what do you mean?..... well its all good if you guys dont want to help me out man i just figured after reading some pages that you guys might be able to fill me in on the lil stuff like the susp. or maybe how the tranny is after so many miles ..... stuff like that so i dont have to worry about it
The "help" you were offered was a reference to this link, which was on the second page. It is where "we" are working to collect all the Y33 information for this exact purpose.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

95jdmej1 wrote:i dont want to search and read 80 pages of conversation i just wanted to get the quick few bad things and some pics.....
Well, education can be painful for the lazy or disintrested. And posts like this one do dilute the concise information that was more prevalent here 2-3 years ago.

So participate and contribute, or just get a pin-up for your wall.

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

Hey it was his 5th post so I gave him some slack, glad it helped. You will find do homework on NICO with search is half the fun of what is up here.

Let us know when you find some likely cars with details like miles, service record and pics if you can and we'll guide you in for a safe landing in a new car.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”