all stock blown, need replacement.

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
gh0stx
Car: Cars (Duh), Paintball, Flying

1991 240sx SE hatch...

The rear speakers sound like crap, like someone put their foot through the cone.. The front ones arent much better at higher volumes

Never had any intention of keeping this system stock, but this puts it higher on my mod list..

I am working with a 400 dollar budget for the time being, (just for the 4 stock sized speakers.. 4x6's, no?

Any reccomendations on which brand will do me good? I like the bass, but i donot want to sacrifice any sound quality.. I plan on adding a sub or 2 next month..

Also, what head unit should I power the setup with?

Nothing outlandish.. $ is tight at the moment with me paying for car, taxes, reg fees, insurance crap, etc... Also I would like to stick with my red/black theme i have goin on.. (red/black car, red/black seats, red gauge lights, carbon fiber dash and bezil kits (soon).

driftn240
Car: umm, cars, computers, car audio

Hey gh0stx, I know how it feels ta work on a budget, so I offer u this. I have a '90 240sx hatchback, and when I bought it all the speakers where dead as well. I've been doing stereo installs for about, 14years now. So I've learned a few tricks. U want good sound as well as volume right? Well I don't know what companies are available were u live, but I would suggest u look into Boston Acoustic. I use their FX series in my wifes car and have had no trouble. I intend to put their RX series in my car when money alows for it. The trick I offer is this. When u buy u'r new speakers don't buy the 4x6's that come in it stock. I've redone mine to hold 6x9's in the front with no cutting or new holes to the door's metal or inside cover. The rears have been cut to accept 6.5in coaxials with little cutting(although I would suggest that u go with 5.25's these will fit better with less over hang). Doing things this way will also leave room for a component set in the rear later as money allows. The speakers should run u between $120 - $150 a set. This will bring u in at least $100 under u'r budget. If u'r interested in this idea i'd be glad to get pics of what I've done and send them to u so that u can have a better idea of how to mod the doors. If u want more info on this just e-mail me at [email protected] and put the subject as SPEAKER HELP. I will get back to u with in about 2 days of getting u'r e-mail. Hope this is a help to start in the right direction.:)

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”