all season tires

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
drcop
Car: Infiniti G35x

ok...I've inquired about what is the maximum size I can put on my 04 sedan without modifying my ride and I've gotten different answers. Anyhow, I want to know from "the forum" what is your opinion on the best " bang for buck" ALL SEASON performance tires in the stock 215 55 17 range (unless someone says I can go bigger on the same stock rims.) Remember, I'm from Ottawa so these tires will be on from mid April till mid October and exposed to a bit of cold weather at either ends of the season.

SVTCOBRA
Car: 2018 Q60 AWD 2023 F150 4x4 5.0 FX4

I bought YOKO Avids for my wife's G and I also live in the NORTH.....as in North Carolina, so you might want to wait and hear from ZOZO.

also, check reviews on tirerack

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

I had the oem tire for about 19000 km and they were worn out badly due to the driving habit I have. Heavy right foot.

I switched to 225/55R17 Falken 912 All season. I have over 30000 km in my car right now and tires look brand sparking new. I am happy with it. I actually using it all year around. I don't switch to Winter tires. Really good traction on wet and snow as well as dry road. Deffinitely better then the oem.

You can check tirerack as SVT said.

How is the Canal? I am planning to go to Ottawa next month for the Ice Sculpture Festival. So my son was bugging me about the canal. He loves skating and couple of years ago we went there he was skating the whole day. So I was just wondering if the ice is thick enough now.

zozo

drcop

Thanks for the info...will check it out...as for the cannal...they just opened a portion of it today so it should be up and running...beavertails and all. And as far as I know, the last I checked, the city was still preparing for winterlude.

zozoka1212

Sweeet

Thanks for the info. I love the area you live.Around Ottawa. I used to go to the Gatineau park for Camping. That is my sons other love. I was there 2 times in 5 years. Once I just stopped for a week when I went to Tadeusac to watch whales in the Saint Lawrence.

zozo

W661335PF
Car: 2004 G35 sport sedan-- Mod money goes to 401K

The largest tire on stock rims that I've seen is a 235/55/17. Most owners would not venture this large and would recommend 235/50's as a max size. Also.... Tire rack is a good source, but their info (if you call them) is not always correct and their recommendations can at times be quiet off-- use with some caution. With respect to tire brand.... there are many. I've used Kumho's (great tire at <50% the cost of most), which get good reviews on Tire Rack and Epinions. Tire brand is very personal here and some folks will swear by a brand that the next person will say sucks, so this will be a preference issue.

SVTCOBRA
Car: 2018 Q60 AWD 2023 F150 4x4 5.0 FX4

Kumho's SUCK!!!! kidding.

Recently bought some for my son's Exploder. Local Nissan dealer sells a bunch of Kumhos and Yokos

haven't checked epinions in a while, good point.

Kendahl
Car: 2008 G37S, Blue Slate, Premium, Navigation

drcop wrote:these tires will be on from mid April till mid October
Since you won't be driving them in the winter, why limit yourself to all season tires? From spring to fall, high performance summer tires should actually be a better choice.

rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

I guess I have it easy here in the southern part of the left coast. Summer tires? Winter tires? All season tires? I couldn’t tell you one from the other. Lord help me, and those around me, if I’m ever forced to drive in the snow. For what it is worth, I loved the Yoko Avids I had on a previous car. They were quiet, smooth and lasted. I don't know if they meet your weather requirements, but if they do, they were great tires.

zozoka1212

Kendahl wrote:Since you won't be driving them in the winter, why limit yourself to all season tires? From spring to fall, high performance summer tires should actually be a better choice.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Read the post. " these tires will be on from mid April till mid October and exposed to a bit of cold weather at either ends of the season."

zozo

drcop

thanks zo

actually, I checked out this place call Derrand Automotive in Ottawa and they too recommmended Falken and I think the guy said something in the area of 235 50 17....so it looks like that'll be my choice for all seasons...the 912's of course, but now I need a set of good looking "wheels" that'll compliment my ride, which is black on black (obsidian). Any suggestions? 5 spoke, 6 spoke...etc??? chrome? silver? black...???

zozoka1212

rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

About 7/8s of the way down the page there are some red and blue lug nuts called "racing nuts." Now, I've got to know what exactally a racing lug nut does that a regular lug nut can't do. Could someone help me with this.

Kendahl
Car: 2008 G37S, Blue Slate, Premium, Navigation

zozoka1212 wrote:Read the post. " these tires will be on from mid April till mid October and exposed to a bit of cold weather at either ends of the season."
I guess I don't see your point. drcop doesn't plan to use the new tires through the winter.

My G37 came on Potenza RE050A tires which Tire Rack calls Max Performance Summer. I have had no problems with them at sub-freezing temperatures as long as the roads are clean and dry. To get around on ice and snow, I agree I would need a proper winter tire like the Bridgestone Blizzak.

drcop

That's right...I already have 4 dedicated winters (Toyo Garrits) on my car now however, they are mounted on the stock alloys (215 55 17) so now I am going to takes Zo's advice and pick up 4 Falken Ziex ZE-912's. The only problem I'm grappling with is what size...do I go with the OEM stock size as mentioned above or can I go with, say, 225 50 17 on the same wheels?

(I think I have another thread in here somewhere listing this problem.) I may even buy 4 more alloys but that would be sometime in March or early April.....

zozoka1212

Kendahl wrote:I guess I don't see your point. as long as the roads are clean and dry.
That's the point right there. Have you ever been in Ottawa in April? I assume not. Man we have snow sometimes at May 24. Same on the other side of the year.

Also if you driving your car with Summer tire at freezing point does not make it right. Please don't give wrong advise to people. Summer tire is ONLY for summer.

Sorry if I sounded a littlebit rude.

zozo

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”