All Parts Needed for Clutch Job ?

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
calisonic

2007 Versa S Hatch needs a new clutch slave and want to do the clutch while I'm (or some tech) in there. Dealer said all clutch related parts should be replaced.

So dealer parts are insanely expensive (old news, I know), but the service writer mentioned "aftermarket parts will only last a year". Seems a bit biased but def don't want to do the job twice so I wanted to run it by this forum.

Found a Exedy clutch kit here (pretty sure Exedy makes the OEM one anyways) : http://www.amazon.com/Exedy-W0133-19387 ... clutch+kit

Appears that it comes with friction and pressure plates and slave.

The flywheel can be resurfaced.

Clutch master was done already (dealer part).

Pilot bearing: 2007 NISSAN VERSA 1.8L L4 : Transmission-Manual : Clutch Pilot Bushing
SKF Part # B22 $1.44 (may even go dealer for this cheap part).

Am I missing anything ? Does that Exedy part look like it'll only last a year ?

thanks!

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Howdy and welcome to NICO!

The Exedy should be just fine, but if you're worried and want to go OEM and you haven't found the right part yet, I'd suggest going to Rock Auto or one of our sponsors in the Marketplace tab above. Mention NICO and get a discount!
With most parts, you'll get what you pay for- aka, ebay, which cheap, may not be the best option to keep your car dependable. With Rock Auto or a genuine Nissan or Infiniti part, you're guaranteed the right performance and durability.

The Saint
Car: 1994 240Sx

The HYD slave unit is a pain in the a**. Z! motorsports has a conversion for the 350z/G35.
I wonder if it works for the versa and Sentra too?

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”