all motor or what??

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
brett
Car: cars (i think)

hey guys, i am in the process of selling my N/A to get a twin turbo, however. i have become impatient because the car has been up for sale for about 3 months now and cant stand all this back and forth **** with little thugs and punks that say they want it but have no idea what the **** they are getting themselves into. on z32.org a kid posted mods for getting these N/A cars to 300 rwhp. i want something that is different, but fast as well. i figure with all that money i spend to get the tt i can have a pretty well built N/A. i know it may sound dumb, but with these mods i feel as though this will be unique and put some ppl. in there places with repecting even the N/A models. what are all your thoughts?? i've always been pro-allmotor so....thanks for the input.

brett:ylsuper

Und3rprshUr
Car: My 300Z

Go for it...

Most tt's are dog still it takes alot of money to get a tt to move..

Try for 300hp off the bottle than put the bottle on it to ad when needed.

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

totally agree with un3rpressure

quiksilvia
Car: 95 s14 se

Und3rprshUr wrote:Go for it...

Most tt's are dog still it takes alot of money to get a tt to move..

Try for 300hp off the bottle than put the bottle on it to ad when needed.

Sorry about you saying 300zx's are slow and it takes a lot to get them to move. Cause 300 horespower stock isn't enough to "move"? Stock a 300zx Twin Turbo can pull a 13.8... so I guess when you have wear a helmet to drag race your stock car that means its slow?

And as to a response to the original post.. it will take A LOT to get an NA 300zx to put down 300 rwhp... I mean an insane amount of money that I'm guessing you don't have. Unless of course you run a 150 shot of NOS in which case you're stupid because your engine will blow. If you want a twin turbo, get a twin turbo and don't **** money off on something that you will probably not see 300rwhp out of. El Fin.

AunVoh

quiksilvia wrote:Sorry about you saying 300zx's are slow and it takes a lot to get them to move. Cause 300 horespower stock isn't enough to "move"? Stock a 300zx Twin Turbo can pull a 13.8... so I guess when you have wear a helmet to drag race your stock car that means its slow?

And as to a response to the original post.. it will take A LOT to get an NA 300zx to put down 300 rwhp... I mean an insane amount of money that I'm guessing you don't have. Unless of course you run a 150 shot of NOS in which case you're stupid because your engine will blow. If you want a twin turbo, get a twin turbo and don't **** money off on something that you will probably not see 300rwhp out of. El Fin.

hey look, someone else that calls nitrous 'NOS' and goes around talking about it will blow your motor... DAWG!... please. As long as you are running enough fuel and it's tuned well, you shouldn't have any problems. Brett, you should list some of the mods you are planning on doing, are you expecting a rebuild of the motor? i think you can find N/A motors pretty cheap...

brett

well for starters, i'd like to do the regular mods of the intake, exhaust, headers, test pipe...then we go to 12:1 comp pistons, cams, 1 pc aluminum driveshaft, lightened flywheel, 240sx throttle boddies, 3700cc injectors, S-AFC, ECU, and then try to port polish the heads, port match manifolds with throttle boddies, extrude/homed pleniums. then run a skyline fuel pump?, and then use block guards or sleeve the block and run nitrous (100-125 shot) then i guess tune it. that sound legit for a start?? thanks fellas

brett

brett

also, i've thought of finding a used motor that may be somewhat built already...any places that you can point me to for a good used cheap motor??

brett

AunVoh

so money is no object aye? =)

boileralum00
Car: 94 Miata, 95 FZR600R

All those mods you listed will net you 250 WHP if you're lucky (plus the Nitrous, which would probably get you over the 300 WHP barrier). I respect your goal, but the money spent on the NA will almost be wasted against a very difficult goal. If you truly want to build the motor to be a high-powered NA (i.e., no turbo, no NITROUS), do some searching to see waht some of the Japanese tuners have done. I have seen pics of VG30DEs running 6 seperate throttle bodies, feeding what would have to be massively ported heads and very high compression pistons. In the end though, I think your WHP goal would best be met by selling the NA and buying a TT.

brett

thanks guys, i think the goal is out of my reach for the meantime. i have decided to seel and now i am looking into the tt's for this power i want and need, thanks again

brett

s13sr20chris
Car: nissans

it could be done. just requires huge money, all custom parts, engineering genius to spec it all, and a really long time. after you are done, congratulations, you now have a car that would be common in japan. over there many people are all about having something different, that rocks, and makes not so much sense. personally i would love to see a really hooked up na. i think 300rwhp is attainable with built internals, headwork, and some serious custom cams. 6 tb setup with tunnel ram like the aforementioned japan experiment would be cool too.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”