All Motor Exhaust

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
magicman520

Hey guys.. im planning to go all motor on my 89 sohc...realistically how much horsepower can i get from the stock engine with a catback exhaust..to the wheels? Also what exhaust would give me the most top end horsepower? Ive heard that the hks hyper exhaust doesnt give as much power/torque as the apex-i n1...ive also heard that the 5zigen n/a fireball is the best for an otherwise stock motor..can you guys give me some recomendations?Tom

Blasin
Car: Import tuning. Car Audio. graphics and interior Work

It would basiclly be your own preference.. I think Super Street did a good article on Exaust promises and lies.. with torque and horsepower ratings.. But then again a Nissan Motor isnt gonna run like a Toyota motor... And the size and Compression all adds into it..id just research...

TrunkMonkey
Car: 2000 lincoln navigator

i don't have any dyno proof, but i've heard the N1 dual makes the most power top end.

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

"Realistically" you might see an additional 2-5 HP at the rear wheels with a bone stock motor and only a cat back exhaust. This will increase, of course, the more you do to your motor. As for which one is best, right now, it doesnt matter. What DOES matter is what you plan on doing to your car later on. You want to go all motor. Same here. But i need to be able to drive my car everyday too. So sound was important. I chose the HKS Sport because its barely louder than stock. If sound isnt a concern, then choose one that you think looks the coolest. The 3 exhausts you listed are very high quality systems. In the end, after every bolt on imaginable, there might only be a few HP difference between any of them. If you went with a cheaper one, then yes, there would be a WORLD of difference in the long run. I know, not much help, but at least its some feedback! :D

Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

I have the HKS Hiper exhaust, and I noticed quite a difference throughout the powerband. In conjunction, all I have is an Intake, and I plan to get a header as soon as I can, to finish off the whole exhaust system.

It sounds pretty good, but when you been driving for a while, the piping gets really hot, and it gets pretty loud. There seems to be a little bit of the "buzz," but its really deep. I hope it doesn't become to sound like a bee soon, because its still new.

Hope I helped.

Nick.

magicman520

thanks for all the help guys.. for now im planning intake header exhaust until i can scrounge up more funds for a cam and some headwork ;) now i have one quick question..its more of an opinion question im guessing.... Alright its either between the hks hyper and apex-i n1dual.. what are more of u guys running out there?tom

SPIRO

I've had an N1-dual on my n/a for a while and i love it. It seems unbreakable. Go with that you won't be disapointed. Oh but it is really loud, still sounds good and deep not ricey, u might want to get a set of silencers. But either way its a good buy.

joe_keyzer

How much did you guys spend on your exhaust?

SPIRO

APEX1 N1-Dual catback --- $500.00HOTSHOT Header ---------- $300.00RANDOM TECH Cat Conv-- $200.00

BEISSEN
Car: cars music and girls

Ok from what hear the N! Duel is the best cat back for power.It keeps low end torque and builds it to highend hp where we lack the most.I also know that a cai will help cus i have proff of that.IF you visit my webpage then you will see it.I have a section for dyno charts and mine are there and waiting for otheres.I had a sri and dynoed at 125.9hp and max torque was 133.00 then i added the cae and pulled a 129.7 and amax power was 138.6 so i gained 3.80hp and 5.60 pounds of torque froma n extension pipe and i also dynoed in 93+ degree wheather.My N1 Duel should be here next week sometime.I will then dyno a little while after that and see what i can pull.I also have an auto which sucks alot of power as well.Then you can get like a header which is supposeto free alot more gas/air and burn more fuel as well.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”