All G Lines Mapped Out with magnetic stripping

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
sixdegreesoffreedom
Car: White G7S Vert 6MT

http://s1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... G%20Lines/

This is something I tried a while back before deciding on a final panoramic roof look. I ordered double strength magnetic tape, three rolls, and stripped them in half. Then I aligned them on the car, mapping out every line. The magnetic tape was great, no scratches to the clear coat, and I didn't leave them on long, long enough to worry about shadow affects to the paint, etc. I drope highway miles without worry at all.

I think most are correct in stating that the lines on the G are very nice and ever so clean, that very few if any pin striping at all would ever be warranted. If I had to go with any, they would be racer boy style along the bottom I suppose.

If I had known of plastidip at the time, I was way more adventerous with playing with the white canvas of the car when doing this, I was even thinking of doing some on the hood, alas our hoods are not magnetic.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

I don't see any need to mess up the lines. I do have pin striping on the '07 sedan but that's because it's the wife's car and she won't let me remove it :)

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”