Alignment Specifications

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
bcmtouring
Car: 2012 M37X AWD

Guys,

I'm not happy with the way my 12 M37X drives especially at highway speeds. It seems to drift all over the road and sometimes difficult to keep within the lanes. I have included a snapshot of my alignment and everything seems within spec expect caster. The dealership told me that could have been caused by the previous owner hitting a pot hole. I would like to get your expert opinions on this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rppxq3qv7qod ... r.jpg?dl=0

Frog
Car: 2011 M56s

New tires will fix it is my best guess. The factory tires are bad for holding a line

Have u rotated the tires ? Just courious

bcmtouring

Yes, I had them rotate the tires as well as re-do the alignment because I wasn't completely satisfied. I don't believe the tires are factory, but I was thinking along the same lines.

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

If the previous owner damaged one or more of the suspension components a competent alignment/suspension tech should be able to find it with a good inspection and a tape measure. The dealer should not be guessing what could have caused it, they should be telling you what it will take to correct it. That said the caster is not that far off, it's still within spec, just not at the preferred 4.0.

Tires are definitely the next step as already suggested. I would start with swapping the front and rear sets with eachother and see if that changes the wandering at all. If the tires are cheap (generic), unevenly worn, and/or directional they are much more suspect in my opinion/experience.

Frog
Car: 2011 M56s

All I can say is mine was terrible as well. New tires. Perfect. Has been perfect for 25k miles. Just now starting to feel it wander a bit on uneven surfaces. Tires are at 4/32

bcmtouring

I'm under the impression that caster is not adjustable, is that correct?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

I would agree on the tire comments if the alignment and suspension components are in good shape! Particularly if you are using Goodyear RSA tires ...

Use Michelin Pilot Super Sport, or Michelin Pilot AS/3 or Continental DW or Continental DWS in the correct size (keep them all identical models and sizes since you have an X model) and I am confident that the tracking of the car will improve dramatically.

Z

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Frog wrote:Tires are at 4/32
Getting to be time to change ... particularly if you are in rainy regions of the country at the moment. The legal limit of 2/32" is really too low for safety in wet weather.

Z

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”