alignment problems

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ESPER

hello everyone!! At first, my steering wheel seemed to pull awkwardly to the left, and i beleive the car veered to the right!! that was strange, anyhow i got an alignment at sears today and now the steering wheel pulls slightly to the right and the car still veers to the right!! i would like to know if there is a way to check the alignment and exactly what is it that "they do" to align the car. can it be done myself?? i would like to know since i will be returning to sears tomorow to get my car aligned again!! thanks !!

ESPER

well i was driving straight and let the steering wheel go !!

maxpower
Car: WRX

Next time you go out to get your wheels aligned ask them for the computer prinout. It will show you the exact numbers and by how many * your wheel(s) are off. It'll also shows that they actually worked on it...one time a moron at STS tire & battery just deflated one of my tires to even out the steering.

drjohn

Uneven air pressure rt to lt can cause a pull and should be set before alignment is even started. There is also what is referred to as radial tire pull. This can be checked by switching the 2 frt. tires and if it goes straight or pulls to the lt it's radial tire pull. The camber and caster angels are none adjustable but if you have a good frt. end man it can be done with a little work.

slw240sx
Car: 1990 Ca18det 240sx Hatch

next time you get it aligned dont goto sears go to a real garage

ive been kicked out of sears auto repair before, funny storie but you guys wont get to hear it

topless@vabeach
Car: Electronics, anything that has trons in it.

You can still go back to sears and ask for the print out. Some places do not have a printer hooked up to the system so they can show you on the computer screen which wheel was out and how much they had to adjust it. And I also agree with the fact, never go to sears for your automotive needs. They sell great tools but when it comes to getting work done, you be better off at a real garage. And no I dont mean walmart auto center.

bluedevil

Curious to know what does having more brake dust on one wheel or one of the wheels being hotter indicate .. Does it indicate any suspension wear ..

slw240sx
Car: 1990 Ca18det 240sx Hatch

yep man when youve got brake dust youve got a supsension problemn ! , sorry had to take advantage of a stupid question

maybe you should change the brakes at the same time not like i do it an do maybe one wheel a month an dont break the bolts doing it or zip tie it back togther when you keep putting off getting the bolt for the floating caliper!!!! hahah im Fing ghetto huh

ESPER

thanks guys!!

brake dust?? i dont notice any around my brakes!! but yeah next time i will go somewhere else. how often should the car be aligned??

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”