Alignment After Springs

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
dnewz
Car: 2006 G35 Coupe - Lakeshore Slate

Searched through topics on springs but didn't find any significant discussion on alignment requirements.If I put Eibach Pro-Kit springs on my car, everywhere I read tells me I will need an alignment to prevent "excess negative camber" and return the car to within "factory specifications."Where do I find these numbers?Caster? Camber? Toe?Can I trust most shops to get this alignment right?
Modified by dnewz at 10:35 AM 7/26/2006

GamingMom
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35

I found a post on another site with OEM specs and read about a lot of people that lowered the car as much as I did needing camber kits, etc to get it within the original factory specs. The dealership did my alignment and was able to get everything 'in the green' - completely within factory specs.

I think if you have an alignment shop who is willing to dedicate the time to get car back within OEM specs you should be fine. I read of some people with the springs I used (tein s-techs) having a -2 or -3 camber without a camber kit.

Here's the numbers I ran across:

oem stats:

front (specified range)

camber : -1.3 to 0.3 degreecaster : 7.3 to 8.8 degreetoe : 0.00 to 0.08 degree

rear (specified range)

camber : -1.8 to -0.8 degreetoe : 0.00 to 0.22 degree

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

Gaming Mom is on the right track with those specs, but I would like to know if we are talking about a coupe or sedan?

GamingMom
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35

I believe those are for the coupe. I know that Dnewz and I both drive coupes (he's local).

infinititech1

we have coupes come in all the time that are lowered...when you put springs on it you may not be able to get it all the way back to factory specs...the coupes already come with alot of negative camber from the factory...if you need specs let me know

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”