alarm systems

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
wjn38
Car: 2007 g35 coupe

so this is a 2 part question guys. i work at a resturant in a huge shopping center and the partking spaces r fairly small so its really hard to get a good space where you can be sure that knowbody will hit your car. i recently got a fairly large door ding in my front fender and there was nothing i could do about it becase i didnt see the person hit me.(410 to fix) i was wondering if anybody had any thoughts about viper alarm systems which the sensors relay to your little lcd screen when a sensor goes off? the second question is ive heard that remotestart systems arnt good if you drive a manual trans is that true? thanks all of you for all the help you are all giving me!!

04G356MT
Car: 04 G35 6MT

I have heard of people putting remote start on a MT and it working just fine, but then you get those who by mistake start it while its in gear and rear end someone/something. But if you do find anything out about the remote start shoot me a PM i want to know where i can get it

SVTCOBRA
Car: 2018 Q60 AWD 2023 F150 4x4 5.0 FX4

About remote starters....Several years ago I had a co-worker who was killed by one of these.He was renting a condo unit with his new wife and was supposed to move into their new house that weekend, but it wasn't ready.Anyway, the condo's had built in garages. Their neighbor accidentally remote started their car. Both couples died later that night of carbon monoxide poisoning.

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

oouch

Anyways I think if you want to put an alarm system in so people wont damage your car than you are mistaken. It happens so quick. They leave before you actually arrive to the spot. Most malls have cameras outside watching the parking lot. If that's the case just park by where the camera can see your car and before you leave make sure you check around your car. If something happen well it is on tape. You can call the cops and fight for your right. Ask the security guys in the mall if they have camera. Last year couple of guys stole my friends tailgate from his pickup truck. Same idea at the mall. He went in asked the security if it is on tape. He was lucky it was on tape. They got their licence plate so called the cops and 3 hours later he had his tailgate back. Those boys ended up staying behind the bar. Cops found a bunch of stolen carparts at their house.

my .002 anyways

Zozoka

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Try posting in this forum too:

Audio and Security Forum

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”